Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lure painters out there?

Hey guys I am gearing up for winter....lol I am trying to put my skills on the airbrush to good work but I am having some issues coming up with some colors or should I say the "formula" to get the desired colors I want - ones that are already used in the market ie. green pumpkin? and lavender color? So i thought i would start a thread to see how you come about mixing up certain colors.......

I am using createx paints because I heard that they are the easiest to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lure painters out there?

Check this link out:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=498503

Lots of pictures and "recipes" for using standard colors. I printed them all out and keep them in a binder for future reference. Kind of nice to have a good reference on hand when painting.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Check this link out:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=498503

Lots of pictures and "recipes" for using standard colors. I printed them all out and keep them in a binder for future reference. Kind of nice to have a good reference on hand when painting.

Hope this helps!

I seen them some of them guys do great work!!! I ran across a forum for "recipes" a while back but i cannot find the website and I was hoping to get a few and donate a few as I progress. Here's the second lure I painted.....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...0-17085041.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Try tackleunderground.com. They are very good as well as BBC.

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to color matching it is very hard to be consitant when mixing a color. One of the most important things when it comes to color is your basecoat. When using say a flourescent color you MUST use a white base. You can use a darker base to change the color. Like using a black base uncer a say purple pearl produces a totally differe.t color than with a white base. I have never been a fan of the createx paints. I mainly use ppg laquers the lay down so muchbetter . .Alsog your gun is very important. The internal mix guns will usually spray a much finr
    Er line. If you have any question feel free to give me a call at 812 212 0866. Or check out some of my stuff at hawgtiedtackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have been painting lures for 10 years. Im located in Richmond. I can paint anything you want as long as i have a pattern to go by. Example is "send me a bait to go by". If you have any questions please pm me with email address. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill28wagner View Post
    When it comes to color matching it is very hard to be consitant when mixing a color. One of the most important things when it comes to color is your basecoat. When using say a flourescent color you MUST use a white base. You can use a darker base to change the color. Like using a black base uncer a say purple pearl produces a totally differe.t color than with a white base. I have never been a fan of the createx paints. I mainly use ppg laquers the lay down so muchbetter . .Alsog your gun is very important. The internal mix guns will usually spray a much finr
    Er line. If you have any question feel free to give me a call at 812 212 0866. Or check out some of my stuff at hawgtiedtackle.com
    I have an iawata eclips hp, I find the createx wicked colors are hard to work with in purple, and getting a good silver is difficult over a white base coat. I have been using krylon fusion for primer.