Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How about some Global Warming discussion :) :)

What is the IPCC up to now.......Why create a "cloud" to hide information from folks, if your FINDINGS are based on SCIENCE and FACTS.....

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/10/1...ons-from-foia/

HM.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How about some Global Warming discussion :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    What is the IPCC up to now.......Why create a "cloud" to hide information from folks, if your FINDINGS are based on SCIENCE and FACTS.....

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/10/1...ons-from-foia/

HM.

Later,

Geo

This morning, I have been listening to a discussion for more than two hours by Lord Christopher Monckton, Great Britian's Global Warming Expert, Publisher, and former Great Britian politician. This is the second discussion I have heard this man participate in and he is one of the smartest men I've ever heard address global warming. He uses a lot of common sense logic along with his expertise.

By the way, he completely debunks all the crap that Al Gore has been spouting for all these years on global warming and backs it up with proof. He says that pictures which have been shown comparing the Arctic melt over the past 50 years are modified maps; that it was not possible to make a picture from space 50 years ago to compare with mapping made today because the technology did not exist.

He also said that the earth is continuosly changing as it has since the beginning of time, that world temperatures change from year to year because it's a natural occurrence. One year it may warm slightly and cool a few years later as it has since the beginning of the world. He also debunked the tale that the Arctic is shrinking. His research shows that what is happening is that some of the glaciers are floating and move with the water. Eventually some of them float back into the Arctic area.

I told a very dear friend on Fishin.com that I would make no further comments on One World Government and I hope he will forgive me for making these few comments but will not discuss it to any extent.

Lord Monckton is the man who, in September 2009, went to Copenhagan where a 182-page Treaty was presented to establish a non-democratic World Government, and caused it to be defeated. Another meeting will be held in South Africa in December, 2011, to try once again to vote on accepting the same Treaty. This time they will also try to include a type of World Money which will use either the Euro or the US Dollar. The Euro is not that stable at this time and I wonder which will be the most favored.

I only have one email address for Lord Monckton but a friend promised to send me a list of his other email addresses. I am very interested in obtaining a copy of the Treaty and one of the books he has written on Global Warming. I think he will soon be coming to the United States and sure hope that Al Gore will attend his conference. That could get to be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

There may some truth to global warming, and there certainly is myth involved also BUT there is one indisputable fact, there are over 3 billion of us here now. Never has there been that many inhabitats of the planet. While many of them require minimal resources, there are more that consume more than has ever been previously consumed.So make your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Bassin Bug:

I agree I have heard Monckton before and I agree with his common sense approach. When I attended a short course in agriculture at the University of Illinois in the late sixties a professor said the earth was cooling and we may be going into the next ice age. He said at the current rate of cooling that we could not raise corn in Illinois in 75 to 100 years. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    There may some truth to global warming, and there certainly is myth involved also BUT there is one indisputable fact, there are over 3 billion of us here now. Never has there been that many inhabitats of the planet. While many of them require minimal resources, there are more that consume more than has ever been previously consumed.So make your own conclusions.
    According to a news report released within the past week, the world population will soon reach 7 billion people. Someone's math is off by about 4 billion people. I don't do census so I wouldn't know anything more than what I read.

This is not MY conclusion, it's information given by a global warming expert. Someone who is smarter than you and me....combined.
    Last edited by bassin_bug; 10-18-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    No big deal, the earth will just produce more. Didn't you know the earth's resources are infinite!

I still would like to be driving down the road some day with my grandson and look over and say "See that area with the stream, fields and tree's? That was once all grown up in condo's and a business park."

Post Thanks / Like

Generally speaking you folks are good people whom I respect. But on this topic you have to remember something. Just because global warming has not affected the USA doesnt mean it does not exist. It will hit the far north first like the countries that are far north like Canada, Norway, Iceland and all those other northern countries that I need a map to tell you. Georgraphy was never my best subject.

Post Thanks / Like

About the billion figure, it was meant to be about china. Me I'm not worried about global warming or cooling, aint gonna happen on my watch. But there are a heckpf a lot of folks smarter than I am who say its happening. So for me, doesn't matter, but some of you guys might get a chance to find out!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how anyone is able to measure the warmth of the globe anyway....I guess they keep track of temperatures day in and day out for several years/decades and divide and add and subtract and come up with an average temperature.

All I know is the older I get the hotter the summers seem like they are....but on the flip side the older I get it seems like the winters are colder now than I've ever experienced before.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know more about Monckton. Google searches have mainly turned up links to him debunking Al Gore's exaggerations, which in my book is old news. What I'd really like to see is him presenting scientific evidence he can back up, and I can't find that. What I have found out is his title is 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley, he's a conservative British politician (which makes me suspect he has an axe to grind), and he has falsely claimed to be a member of the House of Lords, including in a letter to the US Senate. In fact the House of Lords went so far as to publish an online cease-and-desist letter to him instructing him to stop doing so!

http://www.parliament.uk/business/ne...ount-monckton/

So far, I see no reason to believe what this guy says.

Interesting coincidence on the timing of the thread. Just yesterday the NY Times published this map, showing how the Arctic ice has receded since the 70's. The technology did exist at that time. Also, we have the written accounts on the Northwest passage, and we know from them that it's much more navigable now than it has been for at least a couple centuries.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-opens-up.html

In my layperson's opinion, there's plenty of room for argument on other facets of the case for global warming, but if you try to tell me the Arctic AND Antarctic ice caps aren't receding, you may as well tell me the Earth is flat.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not saying that the earth is not getting warmer weather goes through cycles in the sixties it was cooling now it is warming although the last decade it has started to cool again and the scientist were fudging ther numbers to keep grant money coming in. This has been proven from emails and even some scientist admitted such.

Post Thanks / Like

The dishonest behavior of a few scientists doesn't disprove the overall theory.