Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Should I turn in my MAN card?

Mrs Tyme was out and about yesterday and when she returns home we have a problem.
    Our 2004 F-150 wouldn't start. The key wouldn't move in the ignition switch. The shift lever would not engage. I"M LOCKED UP.

Another problem is she had parked behind my Ranger so I was out both vehicles.

There was a "clicking" noise coming from what I thought was the fuel pump. No lights. No horn. Couldn't even roll up the electric windows. She had just turned off the truck after coming back from town. I attempted to turn the wheel and wiggle the shift lever. Nothing.

I remove the negative battery terminal to stop the "clicking" sound. I checked fuses,etc and then reconnected the battery terminal. NOTHING!!

I'm at a lose and went ahead and called a wrecker. The wrecker driver arrives and jumps my battery with a booster box and the Ford fires right up.

I just never thought about a completely dead battery as she had just turned the truck off after driving back from town.

Am I allowed to keep my MAN card?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I turn in my MAN card?

LOL Robert, I am pretty sure the missus has your man card, along with other items belonging to you stored in her purse!

My concern would be what made the battery go dead in the first place? Did she leave something on or do you have a bad battery or alternator?

Post Thanks / Like

I work at an auto repair shop and we had this happen to a customer just the other day....He pulled in to get an estimate, walked right back outside and it was dead as a door nail....His was a bad battery...Only difference is I couldn't get the battery to take a jump, even with our powerful charger that plugs into a wall that'll usually start anything....I'd take the battery out and run it to the nearest NAPA or automotive store and have them check the battery...If it's not the battery then you know it's the alternator

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the MAN CARD, but thinking you just may have lost it!! Check out the wife when she gets back home..., is she bringing you a new PRIUS WITH A BOAT HITCH?....

If so, than this just might be your song:
    I heard you had to drive him home after two umbrella drinks
    I heard he's got a Prius, 'cause he's into bein' green
    My buddies said he saw ya'll, eatin' that sushi stuff
    Baby that don't sound like you, that don't sound like love, sounds like it *****...

He can't even bait a hook
    He can't even skin a buck
    He don't know who Jack Daniels is
    He ain't ever drove a truck
    Knows how to throw out a line, but not the kind in a field and stream book
    No darlin' I ain't even worried, you'll come runnin' back
    He can't even bait a hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Answer: Battery was completely shot. I've never had one that just quit like that. It was the original battery and I should have thought of that.

Since the tow truck was already here, I had them haul my Ford to the repair facility. I needed a recall repair performed and they "found" some other things that were amiss. Some sort of cable assembly was faulty. I didn't want Mrs. Tyme driving it the shop while I followed in the Ranger. (Ranger is manual and she can't drive it).

The alternator indicated it was charging through the gauge and the Missus didn't leave any electrical drawing switches on.

Post Thanks / Like

It happens sometimes where a battery will just suddenly die,most of the time it is old.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it was only the battery, cheaper and easier to install than a &*^%* alternator!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Should I turn in my MAN card?

With all the computer gadgets on todays cars, it takes a 13 year old kid to eveb get them to start sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

I left work one day, mine started fine. got to town, stopped at a store and shut it off. ran in the store for a couple minutes, came out and car wouldn't do anything. dead battery. another battery story. years ago while waiting on my wife to get ready to go someplace, I got in the truck and was letting it warm up before she came outside. after waiting for what I thought was long enough, I blew the horn, and when I touched the horn button, the battery exploded. I mean it busted apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Mrs Tyme was out and about yesterday and when she returns home we have a problem.
    Our 2004 F-150 wouldn't start. The key wouldn't move in the ignition switch. The shift lever would not engage. I"M LOCKED UP.

Another problem is she had parked behind my Ranger so I was out both vehicles.

There was a "clicking" noise coming from what I thought was the fuel pump. No lights. No horn. Couldn't even roll up the electric windows. She had just turned off the truck after coming back from town. I attempted to turn the wheel and wiggle the shift lever. Nothing.

I remove the negative battery terminal to stop the "clicking" sound. I checked fuses,etc and then reconnected the battery terminal. NOTHING!!

I'm at a lose and went ahead and called a wrecker. The wrecker driver arrives and jumps my battery with a booster box and the Ford fires right up.

I just never thought about a completely dead battery as she had just turned the truck off after driving back from town.

Am I allowed to keep my MAN card?
    TYME, what ever it takes, hold on to your man card. don't give it up, here is a song for guys that have lost their man card.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdf9-hRt410