Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

holding water fish and ski

Has anybody ever looked into or done this. Putting the role on rhino liner for truck beds on the bottom of the boat to help fix small leaks and help prevent other damages. Didn't know if it would work or how much it would coast to do this.

Thanks
    Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: holding water fish and ski

I know this is gonna get blasted but, the "infomercial dude" was on just this morning with a "spray on" (black in color) sealent that is supposed to fix leaks. The reason I thought of this particular post you made chuck is that, he sprayed down a screen door with this stuff and then used it as a "bottom" of a boat. The ad, you know the fine print stuff, claims he sat in it for an hour and never took on water. Now, I have no idea how this would work on a boat, but it IS made for gutters too so I would have to think it could handle the "wind factor". I just don't know about the constant punishment a boat gets going across the water. Just an idea, heck I have bought a couple of those things he advertises and they have suprisingly done exactally what he claimed they would (my favorite being that "puddy" stuff that comes in a clear tube and is STRONG AS HECK).
    I have been watching to see if anyone has ever really thought to do this/tried it before, cause I honestly never would have thought to do it. Now I am curious if it would work or not for an older water craft I traded for. Heck, if noone answers maybe I will try it on this thing I got just to see if it works and let you know..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: holding water fish and ski

Such a liner would be to prevent scratches ,cuts,small leaks not fix them.
    And if you notice in that commercial he has no weight on that section at all,or anything that would flex it.
    They also make complete boats out of rubbermaid or rhino liner or did,I owned one they conform to ground if laid down,then in the sun get normal shape again,light easy to launch and dont cost much.