Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Otter Creek 10-19

Bad news, it wasn't stocked yesterday, they put it off because they were expecting heavy rains. Not sure when they are planning stocking now, when I find out something I will let everyone know.

Went for a couple of hours around lunchtime today and managed a couple of creek chubs on a #14 yellow Neversink Caddis. Caught one smallmouth about 10 inches long on a #16 Pheasant Tail nymph drifted below the caddis.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Otter Creek 10-19

I don't know...of course we all know the best times to go is whenever you can...but it sort of seems to me like if you know they're stocking them on the day you're there that it would sort of take some of the fun out of it.

Guess I'm just weird...it's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

If they had stocked on the original date I would have been the day after. It is actually tougher for me with the fly rod to catch them when they are first stocked. I honestly think it may take a day or two for them to adjust to feeding on available forage. Plus it was the only day I had a chance to go this week!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody heard whether they ever got around to stocking? With the cooler weather I might give it try this weekend. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

In case anybody's wondering...they have stocked Otter Creek Park. I spent about 4 hours there today and caught an even dozen rainbows. The majority were in the 8" range with the biggest about 10-12 inches. Not monsters but it was a great time! Weather was quite chilly, breezy, and overcast but fun nonetheless. I was fishing a size 10 Goddard Caddis with a size 16 bh pheasant tail dropper. All but one came on the dropper. Fished the entire time within sight of the car at the Garnettsville parking area. The water was a bit high and stained due the recent rains but it's still easily wadable.

Maybe my wife will let me go again tomorrow...