Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Americans Take the Mexicans Jobs?

Scroll up. That clip you guys are arguing about is the exact same one that Bug posted when she started this thread!

Too funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Americans Take the Mexicans Jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    your right, it was tomatoes given in the example. I didn't read the story, I was listening to it on tv while getting ready for work. and they were talking to a potato farmer. I never heard anyone say tomatoes. I thought they were talking the whole time about potatoes. but anyway it don't change a thing to me, 6 mexicans that will do almost a 3rd more work than 25 american males, that is sad. I think 25 women could do more work than that.
    Reckon they were bred to pick?

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel very sorry for these disadvantaged people. In the modern world, there is a big gap between poor and rich people. It’s harder and harder for poor people to reach a new level and earn a large amount of money. I respect those people who make every effort to find a job and earn money for their bread, instead of stealing. Such topics should be more often raised in society and write interesting articles and essays that will affect all aspects of such people lives. Let's help poor people earn more and tell them how to do it. I will wait for your boom essays review on this subject.

Post Thanks / Like
    stop the free rides in this country.
    i know a 30 year old guy on 100% disability supposedly because he has to take medicine to sleep.
    he fishes almost every day or night and wins most tournaments.
    if he can do that, he's not disabled.
    food stamps, welfare, earned income credit, etc. should all be stopped.
    if parents would quit giving so much money to their kids, they would do work like i did.
    i hauled hay, cut tobacco, spread manure, etc. before i could drive legally.
    i was in the tobacco patch when i was 6 years old.
    i would have gladly picked tomatoes if they had that kind of work near me when i was young.
    as soon as i could drive, i got a job at the hardware store.
    train a kid to work when they become of age and they'll always want to work.
    i'm an old man and i feel useless if i'm not doing something productive.
    our current system trains kids not to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    stop the free rides in this country.
    i know a 30 year old guy on 100% disability supposedly because he has to take medicine to sleep.
    he fishes almost every day or night and wins most tournaments.
    if he can do that, he's not disabled.
    food stamps, welfare, earned income credit, etc. should all be stopped.
    if parents would quit giving so much money to their kids, they would do work like i did.
    i hauled hay, cut tobacco, spread manure, etc. before i could drive legally.
    i was in the tobacco patch when i was 6 years old.
    i would have gladly picked tomatoes if they had that kind of work near me when i was young.
    as soon as i could drive, i got a job at the hardware store.
    train a kid to work when they become of age and they'll always want to work.
    i'm an old man and i feel useless if i'm not doing something productive.
    our current system trains kids not to work.
    Regardless of the original post or Mexicans....I agree that people who scam the system should not be allowed too....regardless of the scam. My buddy worked for an insurance agency (maybe deeper in that he let on) that would investigate scammers if they were reported. Its a dirty job and he quit from the stress and danger but things like this should be reported if possible.
    Another example....my old neighbor who was a veteran asked me if I was getting the hearing benefit? He explained to me that he complained about his hearing and the ringing in his ears to the VA....he had no issues but this was his scam. So after the testing and deliberate lies he received an amount each month for hearing loss from the gubment. He laughed when I said I wouldn't do it even though I have some health issues (back issues from a Tank accident) from my time in the Military but things like that piss me off. I'm old school to the bone....earn your keep, **** it up and move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if any form of government can survive without some degree of morality???

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if any form of government can survive without some degree of morality???
    I think it can and does but percentages of people get hurt from the greed and immoral acts of others. If, and thats an enormous if..... the crooks would be held accountable things would be a little better. Unfortunate thing is when money and power mix some people get the itch to take more than they should. I see it everyday in construction.

Post Thanks / Like

Farmers will pass the cost onto the consumers

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    This looks like a good start. Americans will take the jobs for a decent wage. Farmers will just have to pay more for human resources and their profits will be a little less. That is one of the reasons the for the law. It will be rough on farmers that have been used to dirt cheap labor at first but they will adapt or go under.
    Farmers will just charge more for their products and we will pay more at the grocery store.

I don't like the fact that people ILLEGALLY enter this country. Never have.. never will.

But on the other hand, these Mexican's work hard and are cheap labor and that's what built America.

So go figure! This is why we don't have comprehensive immigration regulations or laws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Farmers will just charge more for their products and we will pay more at the grocery store.

I don't like the fact that people ILLEGALLY enter this country. Never have.. never will.

But on the other hand, these Mexican's work hard and are cheap labor and that's what built America.

So go figure! This is why we don't have comprehensive immigration regulations or laws.
    better re-think what you call cheap labor. i just had a shop built and the american contractor used some mexican labor. they were legal and paid taxes or he wouldn't have gotten my job but...he pays his top man $25/hour plus workers comp to government. that's as much as i made in my factory job. don't think all the mexicans work cheap.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    better re-think what you call cheap labor. i just had a shop built and the american contractor used some mexican labor. they were legal and paid taxes or he wouldn't have gotten my job but...he pays his top man $25/hour plus workers comp to government. that's as much as i made in my factory job. don't think all the mexicans work cheap.
    They don't have to work cheap any longer......NO ONE here knows how to work, or WANTS to work...........

Supply and demand BITCHES.
    Likes dragmerc liked this post