Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lowrance HDS-7

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance HDS-7

I just bought a Lowrance HDS-7 and was wanting to get you guys to review it for my. Likes/Dislikes etc. I read BPS reviews but I am afraid that they would be biased since they sell the darn things. It isn't installed so your honest opinions would help out tremendously. If it is junk I can return it and get the HB 898c. I didn't get the side-imaging option as it was out of budget.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance HDS-7

i have a hds 7 at the console and front of my boat and have not had one problem with mine--very user friendly and they improved my fishing in a big way--fish kentucky and barkley alot and i dont know how i survived without them--have navionics chips and just recently got structure scan which is definately worth the money if you can manage

good luck and good fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks,
    I feel confident I made the right choice but after spending that kind of money for a TV on the boat(LOL) I need need a little reassurance

Post Thanks / Like

I have the hds-7 with structure scan, and I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the HDS-10 with structure scan and I like it. When I first got it I had and issue with it, but it was the structure scan that was giving it a problem, side imaging was the only issue everything else worked. They sent me a new one very quickly no questions asked after they sent me a transducer first. I also have a Raymarine C120 which has a bigger screen and it better at 2d but the downward imagine on Lowrance is very clear its easier to tell stripers from bait fish alot of times.
    All and all I like it but I was a little leary at first because of complaints, which is why I kept my Raymarine. I really like both the only issue I ever had with the Raymarine was the radar on top but never sonar and gps always been perfect.
    If it were me I would keep it and get the structure scan later it is worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Lowrance HDS-7

I have had HDS-7 for 3 Seasons and have no complaints. Nearly lived on Cumberland for the last 15 yrs lots of downrigging and only Striper fishing.
    We "Moved" fishing to Port Clinton this year so don't know if I need the side scan, Just put $1200. worth of new canvas on the boat so...... You understand.

@ Port Clinton now LOl Perch fished yesterday East Winds today no fishing today but looking forward to Friday. Going again.
    Won the "Big Fish" jackpot on Fishermans Warf Boat with 11.5 in Yellow Perch. What a change- most Perch are just Striper bait size Ha ! Oh wel the Family needed a change and there is a lot to do up here in Season.

Good Fishing !