Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

American Hoggers

You all see this show?? It's pretty good if ya like this kind of stuff.....I do!!! Women with guns and jumping on hogs with their bare hands when the hogs are occupied with dogs? Dang I like this show.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: American Hoggers

They jumpin on wild hogs? have to keep an eye out for that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a family in Texas that does this. Watched several episodes and at times they get help from others. If you like to see wild hogs being caught by dogs you will like the show. One of the dogs wears a camera as well

Post Thanks / Like

It also doesn't hurt that the daughter has some nice boobies.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: American Hoggers

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    You all see this show?? It's pretty good if ya like this kind of stuff.....I do!!! Women with guns and jumping on hogs with their bare hands when the hogs are occupied with dogs? Dang I like this show.
    I'm with you DJD! I saw the first two episodes and I'm already hooked! The Campbells make the feral hog issue very interesting to watch.

the issue with feral hogs is a serious one. I'd suggest that every fan of the show should check out this infographic about the feral hog issue here. some folks aren't aware of how bad the situation is with these wild boars.

I'm helping A&E spread the word about American Hoggers so if there are any questions let me know.

--
    Derek

Post Thanks / Like

You don't like living dangerously, do you? lol My husband tells me I'm an adrenaline junkie.

I saw one series where they were Hoggin' on a farm that joins a Louisiana swamp and they were using Catahoula Curr dogs---that is some badass dogs. I heard a ranger talking about wild hogs and he said that if you take one young pair of shoats and turn them loose alone in the woods; that within one year they will have produced a herd of 1,600 hogs. They start reproducing at a very early age and produce 10-12 piglets at a time.

I wonder why the Coyotes don't eat the hogs. There is a pack living on the property that joins mine (and probably on mine also) and I often hear them howling; they look like big wolves. About two miles from my house is a swamp that is full of wild hogs. It seems from what I'm hearing that the coyotes haven't had any affect on the hog population.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a family in Texas that does this. Watched several episodes and at times they get help from others. If you like to see wild hogs being caught by dogs you will like the show. One of the dogs wears a camera as well
    Went wild pig hunting with some friends when I lived in Texas. They are defiantly a growing problem. That was in the late 80's. They sure are some good tasting ham though. Look forward to seeing that show.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: American Hoggers

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Did you run that statement by Mrs. Tyme before you posted it? I'm just sayin'.......you may get lonely sleeping on the couch. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Heck yeah Bug I do like an adrenaline rush now and then!! One day I'll have to settle down with some of it cause the old body is having a harder time recovering. I'm still hurt from my wake boarding jumps...er uh crashes!! Lol
    Growing up in central florida we had a hog problem back in the 80's. We hunted them in the 90's and it was fun. Even tried to catch a few small ones by hand but they are fast and low to the ground. Some folks had trained dogs but all we had was "rebel" our white pitbull that never got into one but tried several times. We ate many hogs from other hunters successful trips but never our own. It's dang good meat!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently saw a TV show out of Nashville TN that discussed wild hogs. The information on the show said that 90% of the hog population needed to be harvested every year just to keep the population stable. They compared that to deer, which only needed 30% of the population harvested to keep the population stable. If I remember correctly Tennessee recently closed the hunting season on wild hogs; since they maintain that studies show that a hunting season causes the rapid spread of wild hogs due to hunters wanting some closer to their home to hunt. They buy or catch some and release them to hunt closer to themselves. The state instead passed laws allowing the landowner to kill them at any time and anyone that the landowner gave written permission, I think, to do the same. They thought by going this route they could slow the rate of spread of wild hogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently saw a show on tv about the wild Feral Hog population. Said that a Feral Hog from overseas was brought over to the United States and cross bred with an american wild boar and now they've got a really bad over population of these new type of feral Boar's. These things are now averaging up to 450 to 600lbs and meaner than a rattlesnake backed into a corner. The tusk's are out of this world and some have actually been recored as 5 inches in length.

Would seem that if the soup kitchen and Homeless shelter's in area's needed meat to feed people. Then these area's of need would be allowed to go out and hunt these critter's and help put a dent in the population.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    OK...you got my attention. When does this show come on, what station, what time?