Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lake Erie FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lake Erie FYI

To let everyone know I have been fishing with Fisherman's Warf Headboats out of Port Clinton several times the past two months. Much surprised after the first skeptical trip at how hard these guys work to get fish in the boat. I have been 5 times and Friday was 1st tough day and we know that is going to happen especially when you lose 20 degrees in 3 days.
    My point is (Being Retired) you can't always get enough people to afford a $600.00 Charter so I go alone a lot or have the Wife who doesn't fish so for $40.00 you get a good experience on Lake Erie. Leave the dock at 8am return around 3pm.
    Right across the street is Port Clinton Fish Company- you don't have to clean fish they do it for a fair price.
    Hope someone can use this information.
    Need more Info e-mail me at shad1@fuse.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Erie FYI

Quote Originally Posted by striperjoe View Post
    To let everyone know I have been fishing with Fisherman's Warf Headboats out of Port Clinton several times the past two months. Much surprised after the first skeptical trip at how hard these guys work to get fish in the boat. I have been 5 times and Friday was 1st tough day and we know that is going to happen especially when you lose 20 degrees in 3 days.
    My point is (Being Retired) you can't always get enough people to afford a $600.00 Charter so I go alone a lot or have the Wife who doesn't fish so for $40.00 you get a good experience on Lake Erie. Leave the dock at 8am return around 3pm.
    Right across the street is Port Clinton Fish Company- you don't have to clean fish they do it for a fair price.
    Hope someone can use this information.
    Need more Info e-mail me at shad1@fuse.net
    I am glad to hear you have had a good experience with the Fisherman's Warf. My family has gone on their headboats for several years. However the number of fish you catch depends how much competition you have on the boat. Back in 2006 my dad and I went on one of their perch charters. I was very disapointed the boat was jam packed we were fishing shoulder to shoulder. Between my dad and I we caught 8 perch the whole day. Yes the price is reasonable especially if it is you or one other person. Hope you continue to have good fishing with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Lake Erie FYI

I know that is a problem. I always schedule those things Monday - Thursday as not everyone can go weekdays. Anything you do at Primetime is always choked by to many people.
    Thanks.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Re: Lake Erie FYI

I love that whole area, especially Put-in-Bay. Go to the the Bay after peak times though. Wife and I went out on that same Charter years back, enjoyed the heck out of it. They do a good job taking care of guests.

Now it they would only stock it with Stripers, man it would be fishery like the Chesapeake Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Lake Erie FYI

Yes Hurricane Bob on Stripers. It's a shame they're not everywhere LOL .
    Thanks.