Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Been reading about Asian Carp in KY lake

Do any of you fellow Hoosiers have any Silver or Asian Carp reports on lake and rivers in Indiana.

The Kentucky Forum has a couple of threads dealing with these exotic fish in KY lake and Barkley Lake.

I've read that they are in the Ohio River. But are they now in the Walbash River too?

People are finding them in the back of the bays in KY lake. I guess that's where they find more algae to feed on.

I can't imagine trying to dodge these flying fish while going 60 mph down the lake in a bass boat.

These fish are going to ruin bass tournament fishing as we know it today. Boats will have to be built with lexan shields covering the boat to protect the occupants if they want to run at high speed in lakes filled with millions of these silver carp. Either that or go much slower to get to the fishing spots. And these fish are going to eat up all the algae which feed the resident fish in the food chain. That's got to change the fish population dynamics for sure. I knew it was coming but I think it's already here now. What a **** shame.

This certainly will put an end to jet skies, tubing and water sking in lakes or rivers filled with these big jumping fish. Can you imagine one jumping up out of the water and running right into the face of someone on water skies going 30 or 40 mph?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been reading about Asian Carp in KY lake

They are in the Wabash.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw them below Williams dam on the White River....trying to make the jump!

Post Thanks / Like

I had one jump in my boat while fishing on Barkley last Sunday. Another one almost jumped in on Saturday.