Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin Report 10-30

Fished from 3:00 pm to dark!!! Had 60 plus fish (largemouth,white bass, and a 20in walleye) put in at Wax and fished around Rock Creek all fish were in backs of cove in 2-5ft of water. The backs of the coves were full of shad. Nothing super big maybe a few over 15ins. All on Crankbaits. Btw the walleye was full of eggs????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin Report 10-30

Walleyes spawn in late February to mid-March so they start their eggs early. You can find eggs starting in crappie before long too...

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kc didn't even think about the early spawn. I should know that cause I fish for them up the rivers that time of year!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Nolin Report 10-30

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Walleyes spawn in late February to mid-March so they start their eggs early. You can find eggs starting in crappie before long too...

kc
    fished from daylight until about 5pm,had 17 keeper crappie,4 right at 14" rest 10-11.5" ers
    3 very nice white bass,4 nice ky's and a flathead around 4lbs.caught many crappie lot of them were 5-6"rs,lots of bass,lm and spots.several lm 16-18".white bass and crappie were full of eggs,spots full of crawfish.crappie had virtually nothing in them.must be why i caught them,they were starving.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you also had a fun day CTFSHWHISKER!!! if you don't mind me asking what kind of area were you fishing for the crappie coves, points, main lake banks?? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTFSHWHISKER View Post
    fished from daylight until about 5pm,had 17 keeper crappie,4 right at 14" rest 10-11.5" ers
    3 very nice white bass,4 nice ky's and a flathead around 4lbs.caught many crappie lot of them were 5-6"rs,lots of bass,lm and spots.several lm 16-18".white bass and crappie were full of eggs,spots full of crawfish.crappie had virtually nothing in them.must be why i caught them,they were starving.
    The fishing must be much better in the upper part of the lake, transitioning a little sooner than the lower end. Guess I'll be launching out of wax this weekend and heading to mid lake.

Post Thanks / Like

hit brush piles on the main lake,caught most everything on grub,most fish bit in the 14-18ft range,i tried the shallow float tube bite with only a few 6-8 bass,when the wind picked up made it hard to get the grub through without hanging,so we started bass fishing,used a green pumpkin tube,about all i had in the boat since we were mainly crappie fishing,looking for kys for the pan,largemouth were mixed in.there are alot of fish from moutadier to conoloway.wink wink.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CTFSHWHISTER we only had one Kys but it was a nice one!!! But we had some PIG white bass. We didn't have enough time to make it down to that part of the lake!!!! But thanks again.