Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No thread about Penn State?

Well I start one! By saying strike a match and let that place burn to the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No thread about Penn State?

Well anyone who is proven guilty or looked the other way without insuring the accusations were investigated needs to go. Coach P. Needed to retire anyway it's to bad it happened this way.

Post Thanks / Like

This one's over the NCAA's head I think. Reckon they will get involved? I swear I would shoot anyone who did that to my kid. And Joe P. turning his head? I know he told superiors or someone. Yet he should of turned the sob in to the law and let them sort it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: No thread about Penn State?

You know...as much as I like Joe Paterno and everything he has stood for over the last 6 decades...he messed up big time by doing the bare minimum (just reporting to Penn State admin) and not taking it any further. Jerry Sandusky retired and I suppose Paterno never said anything else about it. Child molesters should have their ticket to hell punched early - With a .357 Magnum between the eyes a few seconds after the gavel drops.

HOWEVER...

The media is making this all about Joe Pa, Joe Pa, Joe Pa...everyone needs to remember, sadly, that the guy we should really be chastising and demonizing is JERRY SANDUSKY. I've seen articles in the media where the guy's name wasn't even mentioned!!!! They'll mention "Joe Paterno's Former Defensive Coordinator" and not even call him by name. How about picture after picture of this ass-hat's face on the news, with his name in bold everywhere? Paterno may have screwed up by not doing enough, but he didn't molest children for God's sake.

It's a shame that 20 years from now, folks will remember Paterno's implication in this deal for not doing enough....but very few will even be able to recall the name Jerry Sandusky....the guy that ought to fry.

I feel bad for the kids....and I feel bad for such a prideful college football program that this deal will severely tarnish. Those people die with the Nittany Lions just like Kentucky fans do with the Wildcats, or Louisville fans do with the Cards.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the NCAA should step in with very severe penalties.
    If I was in control of the NCAA I'd completely shut down PSU athletics until a full investigation was completed.

PSU needs to suffer hard for this one. I know the fans, players etc,,,that had nothing to do with it don't deserve it but with the head coach and admin knowing it was going on,,justice must be served.

Post Thanks / Like

Board of Trustees just fired Joe Pa. Sad way to end a career but he had to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Bob View Post
    If I was in control of the NCAA I'd completely shut down PSU athletics until a full investigation was completed.

PSU needs to suffer hard for this one. I know the fans, players etc,,,that had nothing to do with it don't deserve it but with the head coach and admin knowing it was going on,,justice must be served.
    I agree with you totally this is by far worst than money under the table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Bob View Post

I was wondering what they would do about this? I figured they would let the law enforcement authorities handle this first to see what the actual crimes are and then decide??

I would think shutting down the Athletics Department would be of no benefit. I mean they fired two people already...what else is there to do they punishes the guilty? As they dig and possibly find more dirt then I'm sure they (Penn State Trusties) will fire and or punish if the law doesn't.

Either way it sure will sukk for Joe P. when you look at his accomplishments and see an asterisk next to his name of why he ended his career....caught up in a boy molestation scandle.

Post Thanks / Like

The NCAA should give the football program the death penalty, like they did SMU years ago. This is much bigger than football. How many kids would not have had to go through this, if law enforcement was contacted the minute the first incident was witnessed? What sickens me as well is the PSU students that were rallying in front of Joe Pa's house last night. How sad that they could excuse his behavior when he had the power to stop kids from getting molested, but more or less turned a blind eye.

Hey Mills, do you find it interesting that the two biggest scandals to hit college football in years both happened in the Big 10? Who is running that shady conference anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

The more that comes out the more I can see heads rolling. The description of how that coach seduced those boys is totally disgusting. The assistant coach who witnessed one of the acts is still on the coaching staff.....that's wrong.
    The kids showing support for Joe are making a mistake. Joe was wrong and is paying the price. These college kids are out of touch with reality.

I just started reading the Grand Jury report and it's very disturbing. I have never read anything like this and am getting a whole new opinion on this mess....man reading this stuff really PISSES me off! Sandusky will prolly be killed by someone in prison....he is a sick person.
    Last edited by DJD; 11-10-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And how, as a Grad Assistant, could you walk in on a man molesting a boy in the shower room and NOT do something to stop it immediately, right then? You go on about your day and report it to Joe Paterno? Huh?

Something is not right all the way around on this deal. There is much more than we know.

As a human being, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless I immediately rushed in and kicked the adult's ass right there in front of child, God, and everybody. Even if I took an ass-whipping myself, I at least stopped the crime that was being committed.

It's not as sick as molesting a child, but being that apathetic is still sick.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Mr Splitshot. If I saw anyone abuse a child or molest a child I would be right in there taking down the abuser. Then calling the police to come and pick he or she up off the floor. A child and all children need to see that this is not right and to let a molester continue to molest is way too sick in my opinion. Molesters are very sick in the head and will get worse and worse until stopped. No rehab or therapy will help a sex offender mainly cuz they dont think they are doing anything wrong. I have had too manyof them tell me that to my face. No wonder I had migraine working with them.