Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions wanted on neighbor fued

I'll make this as short as I possibly can.October of 2010 a neighbor who lives across the road from my farm shot and killed a crippled yellow lab dog of mine on my property by shooting across the road. It was like pulling teeth to get the local sheriff and prosecutor to do anything about it,while unhappy I finally just let it go.
    Now I own 140 acres and my house sets a over a 1/4 mile from the road,I never bother these people,go on their place,or otherwise.They own a couple acres,but act like they own the world.
    Last spring my wife had wildflowers planted along our road frontage and they mowed them down,after asking them not to mow my side of the road they continued to do so until I got a State Trooper to catch them in the act and get them to stop,now the latest thing is they take a riding mower and run back and forth on their place pushing all the leaves and garbage people throw out across the road onto my prperty,the wind blows toward them not toward my place even.I've asked them not to many times.
    Today I came home saw the man doing just this and got a camcorder and was filming him do this,he ran onto my property and threw a punch hitting me in the head (I have a hard head),I have a back injury from an accident at work and I'm waiting to have surgery so I'm not very mobile right now.I used my camcorder to defend myself and hit him with it,he grabbed a stick and hit me with it several times,but I finally landed a couple good hits with the camcorder and he ran home saying he was going to get a gun and kill me.
    I called 911 and drove home,it took 1 hour for the State Police to arrive,they came to the house and immediately started giving me hell saying I instigated the whole thing,my camcorder is destroyed so i couldn't show them the tape,because this neighbor had a cut on his head they threatened to arrest me.I told them to do what they had to,but they were very wrong.
    I have reinjured my back severely and am waiting on my wife to get home and take me to a hospital,but I feel like I did no wrong and these State Police are way out of line.What would any of you have done?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions wanted on neighbor fued

Man I'm sorry to hear about this cause it's stressful as heck. Speaking from indirect experience (installed cameras and DVR for a friend who caught a neighbor in the act) having the crime or indiscretion caught on camera is the best way to prove your case. Having a witness is also good and above all else documenting each incident with whoever enforces the law there works.....at least for my buddy in Lexington city limits.
    Domestic disturbances sukk and I wish you the best man....I'm sure a few law enforcement officers can offer better advice than me.
    Your already have shown more restraint than me and most others I know cause shooting my dog and punching me would be hard to ignore and lead too bad endings.

Post Thanks / Like

Copy and paste your question on Kentucky hunting forum site, http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/forum.php? You will get all kinds of good revenge ideas, but the forum has it's share of pretty knowledgable legal types as well as law enforcement personel that may be able to give you some good advice.

Post Thanks / Like

A "geek squad" should be able to recover the data from your camcorder. Nothing recorded is as broken as it seems. Good luck on retrieving the evidence you so badly need.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a warrant case. Go to your local district court house and take out a warrant. Like tyme said get your camera fixed and let the law handle it. The State's may have been saying that to see how you would react. I would not worry too much about that.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your neighbours. I know nothing of American law but he came on your property and assaulted you. Heck the police can see the cam corder is broken and you would never do that to your own things. Charge him with Assault Causing Bodily Harm as your back is reinjured and push the district attorney to proceed with charges. Get a detailed report from the hospital. Sounds like you have some retarded rednecks living across from you. Time to let them know they cant push you around anymore. Let us know how it goes and hope you get better soon.I normally never say anything negative about the police as I support them 150% and worked closely with them for years but in this case they are wrong. Or I should say this particular officer/s are wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    This is a warrant case. Go to your local district court house and take out a warrant. Like tyme said get your camera fixed and let the law handle it. The State's may have been saying that to see how you would react. I would not worry too much about that.
    Glenn, this is the way to handle it. If I were you I would be at the court house first thing in the morning. Good luck and hope your back heals up.

Post Thanks / Like

Srry to say this but I believe it to be true..You do have the right to protect yourself from bodily harm against this jerk. If you have the right to carry and conceal or just plain open carry a pistol...Then by all means protect yourself and if that means shooting the thug, then so be it...Remember dead men tell no lies as a State Trooper once told my dad after some punks broke into our house and stole quite a bunch of our possesions while we were gone one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Srry to say this but I believe it to be true..You do have the right to protect yourself from bodily harm against this jerk. If you have the right to carry and conceal or just plain open carry a pistol...Then by all means protect yourself and if that means shooting the thug, then so be it...Remember dead men tell no lies as a State Trooper once told my dad after some punks broke into our house and stole quite a bunch of our possesions while we were gone one day.
    How stupid are you Mills? Sorry to hear about your problem. You need to take your camera to the authorities, they should be able to recover any footage you may have gotten on it. Let the law take care of this for you, and in the mean time I'd try to avoid any further confrontations with the individual. I hope that you recover quickly from your injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bplgocards View Post
    How stupid are you Mills? Sorry to hear about your problem. You need to take your camera to the authorities, they should be able to recover any footage you may have gotten on it. Let the law take care of this for you, and in the mean time I'd try to avoid any further confrontations with the individual. I hope that you recover quickly from your injuries.
    Not stupid at all...come on my property and assault me and see if your still living the next minute after you do it is all I got to say....You have the right to protect your property and this also mean protecting ones self and family from bodily harm......

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto what Tyme said about the camcorder. I hope you haven't thrown it out, because if you take it in that data most likely can be recovered. While you're there ask about web cams and such. Get what they're doing documented!

Post Thanks / Like

Like toad said.......there are MANY techie folks that can prob help you with this.

Shoot me a pm with the camera model and I can take a look if you'd like.......

I kind of agree with Mills too...if you walk onto my property and assault me, plan on paying the consequences......AND they may be DIRE.

Later,

Geo