Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Clear EXAMPLE of the leftists distorting a story......

OK this is HORRIBLE.....

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...rls-and-blacks

This is about forced sterilization that occurred all around the country from 1930 - 1975 or something like that. The story talks about North Carolina specifically.

The headline talks about targeting women and Blacks specifically, and then shows a black woman crying.......

The story goes on to say 85% were women.......OK fine......then in the very NEXT statement it says 40% were non white...

OK so if 40% were non white, why the HELL make it sound and look like a black thing. It was NOT a BLACK THING. 60% of all sterilizations of females in North Carolina were to WHITE WOMEN.......

Man, don't you LOVE the left. Poor black women were sterilized in North Carolina.

Someone needs to point this CRAP out.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clear EXAMPLE of the leftists distorting a story......

It's usually how it works. Whatever pushes the buttons is what gets the attention. I'm sorry for the men and women who were subjected to this but to pull the race card AGAIN is disgusting. The media has no shame....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call this a clear example of a story not stating its facts very clearly, and you jumping on it as a deliberate distortion, which it most definitely is NOT. It says right in the article you posted that by the time the eugenics program was stopped, it was targeting mostly non-white women:
    "It began as a way to control welfare spending on poor white women and men, but over time, North Carolina shifted focus, targeting more women and more blacks than whites."

Do a google search for North Carolina eugenics and you'll see that every story you find about it says the same thing. It started out targeting poor white women, but towards the end it most definitely WAS targeted mostly at blacks. Eugenics and racism go hand in hand.

Post Thanks / Like

It is COMPLETELY deceptive.........The program was stopped. GREAT, but the very fact that NBC was pushing this as an affront to BLACK people is sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    It is COMPLETELY deceptive.........The program was stopped. GREAT, but the very fact that NBC was pushing this as an affront to BLACK people is sick.
    The Winston-Salem Journal published a series of articles about North Carolina's eugenics program, titled "Against Their Will." It talks about how in the later years of the program, it was increasingly targeted at minorities. Here's a quote:
    "in 1960-62, the eugenics board ordered 467 sterilizations -284 were for blacks. This in a state where minorities were only a quarter of the population."

http://againsttheirwill.journalnow.com/

So during this time frame, 61% of those sterilized were black, although approximately 75% of the state's population was white. And you're trying to tell me that this was NOT an affront to black people? You have GOT to be kidding!

Post Thanks / Like

If someone was to ask me about this like in a Jeopardy game....(Answer---This country performed sterilization procedures on people they didnt want to reproduce) I would say....who was Hitler and Nazi Germany.
    I mean think about it.....talk about primitive and controlling. Geez.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    If someone was to ask me about this like in a Jeopardy game....(Answer---This country performed sterilization procedures on people they didnt want to reproduce) I would say....who was Hitler and Nazi Germany.
    I mean think about it.....talk about primitive and controlling. Geez.....
    Exactly!

Post Thanks / Like

In the 1970s I was the youngest member of the State Board of Directors of an Alabama Mental Health Facility. The women that I remember receiving involuntary sterilization were women who had been committed to institutions for the insane. Not all were sterilized, only those, both white and black, whom it was determined to be totally and permanently insane, including the criminally insane.

I sat in on hearings with Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and counselors and studied familial records and there were strong indicators that many of those patients had other relatives who had suffered from the same type of mental health problems. It was thought that those patients had a higher than average probability of producing a child that would suffer from insanity at some point in their life. I believe that is when sterilization was used to prevent the cycle from continuing. I haven't read any reports about North Carolina but the time frame suggests there was something else also involved in addition to welfare programs. This is not a pretty topic and the author of the story on North Carolina may not have wanted to reveal the ugly parts.

While the men and women were segregated, there were surprising numbers of men and women who managed to get together and have sex, even through a chain link fence, often with women becoming pregnant. The baby was born at the institution and then handed over to DHS or family members if they could find anyone to take it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, very interesting...I have never even heard of such a thing as this taking place in the United States...

I watch a lot of History and other shows that might show things along the lines of this topic, but have yet to ever see anything related to it....

Looks like I have some reading to catch up on...

Post Thanks / Like

I can assure you that you won't be likely to read about or see a lot of things about the dark sins of this nation that have been committed against its helpless people. If they are revealed, this shameless nation will put on its most pious face...and lie. They don't want the money fountain to dry up.

I can tell you stories from the dark side of mental hospitals that will make the hair stand up on your neck; all are things that I was an eyewitness to. I recorded it on tape and carried it to the Head Director. It was placed in the vault and never addressed at meetings. A few months later I was asked to speak at a State Mental Health meeting, and for an hour I spilled my guts; by no means what they were expecting. At the end of my speech I asked who was handling the $4m grant that we received to help those patients and where it was. I stood there in silence, looking at the people, and you could have heard a pin drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Wow, very interesting...I have never even heard of such a thing as this taking place in the United States...

I watch a lot of History and other shows that might show things along the lines of this topic, but have yet to ever see anything related to it....

Looks like I have some reading to catch up on...
    In 1927, in the case of Buck v Bell, the US Supreme Court declared that compulsory sterilization was constitutional.

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org....jsp?id=h-1367 and scroll down to the section "Eugenics Comes to Alabama."

The entire article is interesting in that it began as a means of cleansing the race and ended up extending to the mentally ill. There are/were 2 hospitals for the mentally ill in Tuscaloosa, AL: Partlow State School for Mental Deficiencies and Bryce Hospital for the Insane.

Post Thanks / Like

Geo, have you ever converted a lib to a rep? Do you believe in alien invasion, harry potter or bewitched? Good day man, you will believe in anything that is published. Your alright in my book but a little out there.