Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

humminbird 798 hd si

for those of you that have this in you rig, what was the total cost you ended up paying after you have to buy all the other items needed to make it work. have seen 798 units for reasonable price but still have to buy several items to make it work properly. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: humminbird 798 hd si

800 bucks. bought nothing else

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine for a couple of years, don't remember exactly what I paid for the unit.

To answer your question I did have to buy a 18 foot Crestliner and a 75 hp Merc 4 stroke as a mounting base. This combination seems to support the unit just fine and make a good stable base for the unit.

I think that is all I had to add.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything you need comes with the unit. Lowrance you have to get the side scan transducer it don't come with it. I have the humminbird 1197si combo and the 787ci and love them and didn't have to by anything extra. Plus you can up grade your unit software on the website with all the latest stuff like down image map updates options all kinds of stuff well worth the money to spend. Found all kinds of new honey holes since I've got mine on lakes I thought I new pretty good. And I know what actually makes the spots I like to fish good and know where the sweet spot is exactly.amazing details you know what's on the bottom like rock ,stump, grass,trees, ledges,sunken road beds and on and on and on. I could go on all day about humminbird. Great company quality product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    I have had mine for a couple of years, don't remember exactly what I paid for the unit.

To answer your question I did have to buy a 18 foot Crestliner and a 75 hp Merc 4 stroke as a mounting base. This combination seems to support the unit just fine and make a good stable base for the unit.

I think that is all I had to add.
    that's funny right their, I don't care who you are.... )

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kybassin22 View Post
    for those of you that have this in you rig, what was the total cost you ended up paying after you have to buy all the other items needed to make it work. have seen 798 units for reasonable price but still have to buy several items to make it work properly. thanks.
    Should work properly out of the box. If you want depth readings when you are on plane, you will need to install a Y cable and a dual beam transducer in the bilge (if it is fiberglass). The side imaging transducer cannot be mounted as shoot through hull or it will not work. You have to mount it on the transom or if putting the unit on the bow, on your trolling motor. That is the only issue I am aware of.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a 798ci si from academy sports online. I am in the process of installing everything now. The unit was $749.99 with no tax and free shipping. It doesn't say HD like the new ones but there is no difference between the 2 except for a different port on the back of the unit. The power cord is 6 feet long so I bought some extra wire to give me enough length t0 reach the battery. Walmart has 4gig sd cards for $10. I probably have about $770.00 in the whole unit. The only other thing you might get is the sd card navionics. It would be nice to have for bigger lakes like kentucky lake or guntersvile but the lakes around here I pretty familiar with. The unit on academy sports was the cheapest I had found anywhere and I looked for a while. One of the other bass forums has a board dedicated to selling electronics and most people wanted at least 650 or more for the same unit used. I felt for an extra hundred it wasn't a bad deal to get one brand new and with a warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.universalmania.com/produc...pf_id=407970-1

That is where I purchased mine from. Comes with everything you need to hook it up. Extremely fast shipping. I was told if I wanted on plane depth reading I would need some additional equipment, but mounted correctly mine works fine. I however did purchase a seperate ducer, mount and power cable and mount one at the dash and one up front. This way I can switch the head unit back and forth. This will do until I can get another head unit. I've got some good install pics if you have any questions let me know, I'll try and help.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    I just ordered a 798ci si from academy sports online. I am in the process of installing everything now. The unit was $749.99 with no tax and free shipping. It doesn't say HD like the new ones but there is no difference between the 2 except for a different port on the back of the unit. The power cord is 6 feet long so I bought some extra wire to give me enough length t0 reach the battery. Walmart has 4gig sd cards for $10. I probably have about $770.00 in the whole unit. The only other thing you might get is the sd card navionics. It would be nice to have for bigger lakes like kentucky lake or guntersvile but the lakes around here I pretty familiar with. The unit on academy sports was the cheapest I had found anywhere and I looked for a while. One of the other bass forums has a board dedicated to selling electronics and most people wanted at least 650 or more for the same unit used. I felt for an extra hundred it wasn't a bad deal to get one brand new and with a warranty.

How in the world did you get the side imaging unit for only 750$?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I just looked it up and all I can say is WOW what a price.

Post Thanks / Like

How long has this sale price been listed for that unit? And does anyone know how long this sale will last? Also, after Christmas does anyone think these units will be on sale? At like Tackle warehouse, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoKYFishin View Post
    How in the world did you get the side imaging unit for only 750$?!?!

That is last years model. There is a difference between the 798 C Si and the 798 HD SI. Do the homework, I am not sure what it is, but I think it has to do with the screen.