Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Occupy Protestors Gone

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ll-street.html

I'm glad to see some rules laid down here. Geez this has turned into a circus. What really ticks me off is that when the TEA Party had their rallies politicians like Pelosi were running their trap about racists and thugs and yet none was killed or accused of having sex in public. Were they?

Drug use and filthy conditions have been tied to these occupy folks. Where are the National left wing talking heads spewing their hate now?
    Again...another double standard by the media. Sure it's just now getting some attention but this action has come to a boil and it needed police in riot gear to get it under control. never needed that with TEA Party rallies or have I missed that part?

Wonder how many of these so called 99% ever considered serving their country instead of crying for justice? I'm sure the military will take some of them and pay for some college and maybe even help them grow up!! Maybe get out there and stand guard in 10 degree weather with families to feed at home or serve your country thousands of miles from home alone on Christmas?? Follow orders from a superior that you don't agree with because you have to? All the while not making enough to buy a home just yet but with hard work and promotions you will when you an afford it!! Maybe learn some skills in the military and get out to use them in the private sector? Geez these people tick me off!! How about doin something more than expecting others to help you with your stupid decisions. I hope they convict the majority of these folks that they arrested. I have no sympathy for their cause...to me they are the problem not the voice of reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Occupy Protestors Gone

I agree 100%. It is gettin' pretty cold tonight, if you ain't movin' just mist the fire hose over them. Those soft candy, silver spoon momma's boys will pack up and move on their own.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they left because the new "Twilight" movie opens this week so the whole crowd of them headed over to the movie theaters to get in line.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how I feel about these folks, I think a lot of them are spoiled rich college kids who are bored and don't have anything else to do... It does seem to me though that some of you fellas' don't believe anybody should protest anything, if nobody stood up for anything then I doubt we would have the country we have today... It seems inequality is as bad today as it was before the middle of the last century in that a man trying to feed his family had to just about take whatever was offered to him... The last half of the century seemed to allow a man to earn a better life for his family even if he didn't have a career and just worked at a job like most americans do... Some of you are anti-union and don't believe working folks should have the power to negotiate their financial future, I believe the core reason for these folks doing what they are doing is protesting what is happening in the financial world today (a lot for the few and little for the rest) and as a result of greed amongst the richest of us our economy is in the crapper.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I think we ought to provide the protestors with a site most beneficial to them and the country. To get them out of the cold weather, we should provide free bussing for them to designated areas right along the Mexican border.

In this manner, they have a nice warm, peaceful environment, with millions of acres they can occupy providing room for increased protestor population, the opportunity to show unity by all being in one spot for one purpose.............

and, the country gets a free border guard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ll-street.html

I'm glad to see some rules laid down here. Geez this has turned into a circus. What really ticks me off is that when the TEA Party had their rallies politicians like Pelosi were running their trap about racists and thugs and yet none was killed or accused of having sex in public. Were they?

Drug use and filthy conditions have been tied to these occupy folks. Where are the National left wing talking heads spewing their hate now?
    Again...another double standard by the media. Sure it's just now getting some attention but this action has come to a boil and it needed police in riot gear to get it under control. never needed that with TEA Party rallies or have I missed that part?

Wonder how many of these so called 99% ever considered serving their country instead of crying for justice? I'm sure the military will take some of them and pay for some college and maybe even help them grow up!! Maybe get out there and stand guard in 10 degree weather with families to feed at home or serve your country thousands of miles from home alone on Christmas?? Follow orders from a superior that you don't agree with because you have to? All the while not making enough to buy a home just yet but with hard work and promotions you will when you an afford it!! Maybe learn some skills in the military and get out to use them in the private sector? Geez these people tick me off!! How about doin something more than expecting others to help you with your stupid decisions. I hope they convict the majority of these folks that they arrested. I have no sympathy for their cause...to me they are the problem not the voice of reason.
    The last thing I'm going to do it defend what they're protesting against, because I'm like you and everybody else; I don't quite understand what it is. But you've made some assumptions without checking any facts, and you might be surprised to learn the truth.

"...it needed police in riot gear to get it under control. never needed that with TEA Party rallies or have I missed that part?"

You must have missed it. There has been violence at some Tea Party rallies. Which is to be expected. You gather a lot of people together, who are protesting about something they feel passionate about, and have anger about, and it's just human nature that some dope is going to get violent. Which by the way did NOT happen when they cleared the "Occupy" protesters out of the park. Yes, the police showed up in riot gear, but they're going to show up in riot gear no matter what. They showed up in riot gear at plenty of Tea Party rallies, too, whether they were violent or not. That's just standard operating procedure when they're dealing with a crowd.

"Wonder how many of these so called 99% ever considered serving their country instead of crying for justice?"

Answer: Quite a few HAVE served their country. Of course there are the 2 Iraq vets who were injured in Oakland protests (you DID hear about them, didn't you?), but they're just the tip of the iceberg. There are quite a number of veterans participating around the country, especially in Washington, DC, where by some reports they make up close to half of the protesters:

http://www.military.com/news/article...r-do-they.html

Geo, I hope you're reading this, too. I'd like for you to know that a significant number of the people you labelled as "Occupy Wall Street SCUM" are in fact veterans who have served this country with distinction.

It's easy to write this whole movement off as a bunch of wannabe 60's hippies, people just protesting against nothing in particular, just because they can. But the more I learn about the numbers of people getting involved, and WHO THEY ARE, the less inclined I am to do that. In fact, I've considered attending one of the Louisville protests, NOT AS A SUPPORTER, but just to learn more about who these people are, and the changes they're rallying for, before I pass judgement on the movement as a whole. I guess that's just the liberal in me, wanting to hear what people have to say so that I can know what I'm talking about, and resisting the conservative tendency to pass snap judgement on anything that questions the status quo.

Post Thanks / Like

Geo, I hope you're reading this, too. I'd like for you to know that a significant number of the people you labelled as "Occupy Wall Street SCUM" are in fact veterans who have served this country with distinction.
    Since you brought me into it..........Yea I labeled the ALL as scum, I take back our fighting soldiers, that are there. THEY have AT LEAST earned the right to be there.

Next, you compare the supposed violence at a tea party rally with the CRAP happening during the occupy garbage????????? You've got to be kidding, or smoking some really good stuff.

I deliberately stayed out of this because quite frankly, I'm SICK of it.......

The folks occupying have no idea what they are doing. They are unorganized and unmotivated.

I actually think there are some grievances that are legitimate, but they have totally blown any opportunity to air them, or to get any really serious responses. Mostly due to their ineptitude.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Huge differences between between what the TEA did and what this group of dirty, crime committing folks are doing. There have been all kinds of problems with this group and just searching the web will prove that. Look at the videos online and see for yourself how police have had hands on issues and clashes with this group.
    Google occupy wall street crimes and read about this group who you have not made a decision on yet. Rapes, drug use, robberies, racial slurs and threats to people reporting on it. Too me that's enough...the message has been lost.
    So you found a few who have served the country? Does that somehow justify what they are doing? Does it make them untouchable to criticism? Not to me. These protests have cost cities tons of money and like stated before there are serious crimes being committed by people.
    My Conservative mind has seen enough to decide this is a bad joke. It's turned into a circus with very few who attend that even know what they are talking about. Take your time and process the videos of police clashes, reports of drug use, rapes and past reports of people being shot or found dead in a tent. Business being hurt by thugs, law breakers running around looking for an excuse to commit crimes and yes nasty, dirty, scummy looking representatives of this group shouting racial slurs and threats at people. Go ahead and process that crap and make your mind up. I already have and btw i respect the veterans that are in this crowd for their service to this country but I don't have to approve of them lying with dogs and getting fleas.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked this same question before, but no one responded, I guess because none of you know either...at any rate, what in the heck are the protestors protesting and what is their ultimate goal?

For a bunch of idiots they sure have gathered up a lot of money...but who's name is it under? And since they're protesting the banking system where is their money being stashed at, out behind someone's garage in California in Mason Jars? The last I heard they had like $500,00.00 dollars or some ridiculous amount. Who in the heck is giving them this money? My guess would be unions since the unions seemed awfully to quick to jump on the boycotting band wagon.

No, there isn't anything wrong with a working man negotiating his wages...it happens everyday in every field of work there is....but there is something wrong with price gouging...in other words, most union men make more than what they're worth in my opinion. Although I think Ford is changing things around some, from what I've heard the new hires at the Louisville Assembly Plant will be making considerably less than guys that have been there for a while...CONSIDERABLY LESS! Bout' time!

Post Thanks / Like

RT, come on man....I read that article and I laughed while reading it. If that was supposed to support your point of vets being a part of OWS I'm afraid you missed the point of my rant about people going in the military to get some schooling and learn something important and then use it in the private sector if they want. I did just that so I guess I know it works. Sure you pay by giving your life to the gubment for 2-4 years or longer but you pay your way and don't look for handouts.
    That article stated in more than one area that the Point of these vets are to help organize and they actually had been planning this before this bogus OWS group popped up. These vets are trying to show the connection of wars to the state of our economy and other issues with healthcare among them. I agree with them on some points since they actually have a point with some history and facts to prove it. My personal opinion is that these vets have made a mistake joining hands with this group and I won't be surprised if they distance themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,
    Your correct many unions are funding this as well as George Soros sure some private money gets dumped in but extreme left wingers are loving this group. Why? It supports their class warfare against Wall Street millionaires and private sector millionaires who they feel don't give enough to this country...of course they don't address the 40%-48% of Americans who pay nothing or very little.... they just drank the koolaid of obamy who has been attacking wealthy folks for years.
    But I believe some of the supporters are starting to distance themselves as this turns into a crime after crime being committed by thugs rally. The message I heard the most is they want fair pay and are upset with the present system of going to college, building large student loan debt and then coming out to get a job only to find there isn't one waiting for them.
    So since they feel they have been mislead they are upset and now demand someone (you and me) bail them out. Many other ideas and complaints have popped up but that's because they are grabbing at straws trying to find something that will stick.
    Last edited by DJD; 11-17-2011 at 12:43 PM.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    I asked this same question before, but no one responded, I guess because none of you know either...at any rate, what in the heck are the protestors protesting and what is their ultimate goal?
    I really think this is a 70's retro throw-back thing to "end the war", and spend the money inside America. My take.