Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Internet Takeover

This morning, I have heard from 4 different sources on TV that Obama is taking over ALL internet services on November 20, 2011. One of the television hosts left the microphone for a few minutes, came back, and said that he checked it out and that it is true. That sounds like something that Iran would/did do.

Does anyone on this board know why Obama would do it and what his goals are for doing it? I have a lot of thoughts going through my mind at this time, one of which is to declare the invasion of yet another country possibly to destroy their nuclear weapons.

I have a heavy workload today and don't have time to do any research but if anyone can verify the reason for it, please post it on this thread. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Internet Takeover

It is IMPOSSIBLE to find anything real on this.

It is not new...........Net Neutrality was passed a few years ago. I don't believe Obama is "taking over the internet", but trying to find any legitimate information has been pretty **** impossible.

Later,

gEo

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure who you are getting you news from, but from what I'm reading, "hold down the blood pressure". Seems everyone wants to blame Everything on Obama. If you don't agree with it, then just blame Obama....seems last I recall, the are a few people in the Senate and the House who have a vote in these matters..!!!!

by Peter Voskamp
    Tue Nov 8, 2011 2:36pm EST
    WASHINGTON (TheWrap.com) - President Obama will not be neutral when it comes to net neutrality.

The White House on Tuesday pledged to veto any Congressional resolution seeking to overturn the Federal Communication Commission's Open Internet regulations, set to go into effect November 20.

The presidential shot across the bow comes prior to an expected Thursday Senate vote on Republican-sponsored "resolution of disapproval" opposing the regulations.

Unveiled last September, the rules are designed to prevent Internet service providers from discriminating against competitors or consumers by blocking content or altering speeds.

The regulations allow the FCC to impose fines and bring injunctions against companies that slow down Internet service for customers who are streaming movies or downloading music.

The Republican-majority House of Representatives passed a similar resolution in April.

Though Democrats maintain a 53-47 majority in the Senate, Thursday's vote is expected to be close, due to the rules that apply to resolutions.

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Republican from Texas, mustered the signatures needed to get the resolution, officially "S.J. Res. 6," discharged from the Senate Commerce Committee. It is now before the entire Senate. That means filibuster rules will not apply and the resolution can be passed with a simple majority ? meaning only 51 votes are required for approval.

The resolution currently has 42 Republican co-sponsors. But according to Joel Kelsey, political advisor for Free Press, it is not clear how Republican senators Scott Brown of Massachusetts and Jerry Moran of Kansas will vote. There are similar questions about Democrats Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Joe Manchin of West Virginia.

Last week Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts sent a letter to his fellow senators imploring them to vote against the resolution.

The Congressional Review Act provides a mechanism for Congress to overturn federal agency regulations it disapproves of. It requires passage in both houses, then the signature of the president.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a video that explains the "Seizure of the Internet."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMn7_Ptja90

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing in particular happening with regards to the bills that video talks about (773 & 778), on 11/20/2011. The sources you saw must have been part of the crowd overreacting to the net neutrality bill that FlyLie mentioned, which does go into effect on that date.