Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who have lost interest in boxing

Take a peek tonight at the Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Vs. Peter Manfredo Jr. fight tonight on HBO. It should be a classic fight and both guys fight an exciting style.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those of you who have lost interest in boxing

If I had HBO I would have watched it. I have lost most interest in boxing since the MMA stuff has hit the scene.

Way back when you were in it I watched it alot! Of course we had to get up and turn the DIAL to change between the three channels we received and had foil on our rabbit ear antennas!!! Lol just messing with ya Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to watch boxing all the time, and besides fishing thats all the sports I ever cared for. but after Tommy Morrison the heavyweight fighter, got aids and had to stop fighting. I lost interest in boxing. he was my favorite boxer. that was a while back, in the early 90's I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy was supposed to fight Arthur Weathers from Louisville when his aids test came up positive. Arthur was a pretty good amateur light heavyweight back in the 80's and lost in the Golden Gloves National title bout to Evander Holyfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Chavez dad was a beast in the ring! I havent watched a fight since Trinidad quit, and he may be back, been a while. Who won?

Post Thanks / Like

Chavez by tko in the fifth. Seemed like a quick stoppage too me. Chavez has Freddie Roach training him now and looked like a much better fighter.

Post Thanks / Like

Lost interest in Boxing a long time ago.....MMA is the real deal now...people want to see a real fight now in today's world imo.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Lost interest in Boxing a long time ago.....MMA is the real deal now...people want to see a real fight now in today's world imo.....
    Tell you what Clyde, lets you and I put the gloves on and you tell me if it seems like "a real fight" when I hit you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Tell you what Clyde, lets you and I put the gloves on and you tell me if it seems like "a real fight" when I hit you!
    lol...dude I been hit by the best of them square on my jaw and never been kncked out...Not saying that it couldn't happen but I been hit really hard before.....I give you credit for your boxing ablility as that was your profession at one time in your life. I give you credit that you can most likely hit pretty hard for a boxer....

Now with that, with all my military training and 8 years of that being in the Infantry and trained to kill by the best there was at the time...Let me get in the ring with ya, bad back and all and tell me if your dead when I break your neck or snap your leg bone while wearing my combat boots....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    lol...dude I been hit by the best of them square on my jaw and never been kncked out...Not saying that it couldn't happen but I been hit really hard before.....I give you credit for your boxing ablility as that was your profession at one time in your life. I give you credit that you can most likely hit pretty hard for a boxer....

Now with that, with all my military training and 8 years of that being in the Infantry and trained to kill by the best there was at the time...Let me get in the ring with ya, bad back and all and tell me if your dead when I break your neck or snap your leg bone while wearing my combat boots....
    Fair enough, I'm in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    If I had HBO I would have watched it. I have lost most interest in boxing since the MMA stuff has hit the scene.

Way back when you were in it I watched it alot! Of course we had to get up and turn the DIAL to change between the three channels we received and had foil on our rabbit ear antennas!!! Lol just messing with ya Tim.
    That is funny right there. No offense I sure you could knock me out after your nap. LOL