Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Sonar/GPS Combo units

Am looking for some comments regarding fishfinder combos. Have a Lowrance LMS-480 and am looking to upgrade. Been looking at the HDS's.
    Also heard good things about Furunos. Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonar/GPS Combo units

[QUOTE=bottom feeder;473648]Am looking for some comments regarding fishfinder combos. Have a Lowrance LMS-480 and am looking to upgrade. Been looking at the HDS's.

thanks[/QU
    $$$$$$

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an HDS-7 with structure scan. Love it!

Post Thanks / Like

There are alot of good deals on the HDS combos right now. Mail-in rebates up to $200. If you dont want to spend that kind of money I would strongly recomend getting a used 520c. They are on Bass Boat Central all the time for good money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 334ic I will sell cheap. Got a HD 5 and dont use it anymore.

Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bottom feeder View Post
    Am looking for some comments regarding fishfinder combos. Have a Lowrance LMS-480 and am looking to upgrade. Been looking at the HDS's.

thanks
    http://www.reedssports.com/Product/p...=16953&pc=4234

Post Thanks / Like

HDS is the way to go. I'd go with the 8 or 10 if you want to utilize all the features including structure scan. If you just want the sonar, go with the 7. I just used my HDS 8 for the first time this past week and the difference between that and an LMS is night and day, even in just using the sonar. I was able to see fish just off the bottom in 55 ft of water unzoomed. Incredible clarity. I would also suggest the structure scan and using the down scan overlay on the sonar. If you even think you want structure scan down the road, go with at least the 8. The difference is, you can split the screen four ways with the 8 and 10 and only two ways with the 7 on down.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the saying holds true, whatever your buying. you get what you pay for. I have the Lowrance hds-7 with structure scan. and I really like it. the hds-8 or hds-10 I think would be better. but they are a little pricey. if you go with the hds-7, download the 4.0 updates and it to will give you the 3 way screen split. just like the 8 and 10 does. ps. I think HB sells more units than all the other companies combined. but if I was buying another unit today, it to would be a Lowrance hds-7 or higher.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update on the 4.0 update.. lol I didn't know they added another split for the 7 so that's some good info to consider. Does it just do three or can it do four (the last one being the gps). I didn't think I would want four but it came in very handy. I think I may end up adding a 7 to my bow, getting the link for my Yamaha outboard and networking it all together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bottom feeder View Post

thanks
    Appreciate all of the great input and insight. Sometimes this stuff gets very confusing. Just trying to absorb it all...difficult for an old man like me.

thanks again to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    All depends on what you want to spend, personally, I go with HDS Lowrance https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-fishfinder-gps-combo/ I also used a Furuno, Raymarine, and Navman. All brought good results with the right movement. I think that it comes down to personal elections and how much you need to spend this business personally. I find the 5 inch screens too small when working in split-screen mode. As far as the transducer goes it really depends on what you MAINLY fish for if most fishing is in depths less than 100m you'll be fine with the 600w transducer.Its all about getting the best unit that suits your fishing. Yesterday I came across an interesting video on YouTube <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> I hope this helps