Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HURRICANEBOB Guest

Black friday-stories from the day

What's the wildest thing you saw or heard about relating to Black Friday feeding-frenzy shopping and shoppers? Here's a couple I saw on Pa. news channels while up there.
    1. Shopper maces other shoppers: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...cec142d979.241

2. The camera mob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip11CEddIcg

3. 2 dollar waffle maker CRACKS ME UP: http://gawker.com/5862628/watch-the-...-riot?autoplay

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black friday-stories from the day

Those videos just confirm what I have heard from folks up here in restaurants, on the radio that those who participate in black friday are crazy, totally crazy. We think you folks are nuts to act like that in public. Where did the name Black Friday ever come from. Maybe cuz you will be black and blue if you go near a store that day. Greed and the stores are to blame for this type of behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like

i went to Walmart in Hillview at 10pm pn thursday night to try and get one of the basketball goals and a Ipod and got them sucsessfully but there was a fight over a shark steam mop and we had heard there was a fight over a Xbox where the guy actually was bleeding. people stated that he got stabbed but he actually just cut himself on the box. the roar that came from the electronics department was very disturbing , it sounded like a heard of lions chasing down a wounded zebra. it was complete chaos. Friday morning we got up and had to go grocery shopping and Walmart was almost empty , go figure

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gills View Post
    Those videos just confirm what I have heard from folks up here in restaurants, on the radio that those who participate in black friday are crazy, totally crazy. We think you folks are nuts to act like that in public. Where did the name Black Friday ever come from. Maybe cuz you will be black and blue if you go near a store that day. Greed and the stores are to blame for this type of behaviour.
    Supposedly, its the one day where the total sales drive the business from the red into the black for the year. Which really hints that if they didn't rip you off 11 months and 29 days, they'd do better all year long.

I think they ought change the name to "Savage Sale Day".

Sometimes these shoppers look like a bunch of Stripers that have circled bait on the surface.

Next year, I'm taking a rod and reel, and tying on an Ipod as a lure, and see how many hotties I can catch on Black Friday.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bassking View Post
    i went to walmart in hillview at 10pm pn thursday night to try and get one of the basketball goals and a ipod and got them sucsessfully but there was a fight over a shark steam mop and we had heard there was a fight over a xbox where the guy actually was bleeding. People stated that he got stabbed but he actually just cut himself on the box. The roar that came from the electronics department was very disturbing , it sounded like a heard of lions chasing down a wounded zebra. It was complete chaos. Friday morning we got up and had to go grocery shopping and walmart was almost empty , go figure
    lmao....attacked by a shark mop?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even leave the house on Black Friday. This year I stayed home and planted my garlic

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's some silly stuff...those dang 99%ers!! I did mine on wednesday (hhgregg)and they told me the prices are not gonna drop any further on Friday. They were right so I'll be doing that again next year iffin I need some serious electronics.

Anyway.....ordering via innanet is prolly 50% of my shopping anymore so I'll be doing more of that just to avoid the stores.

I'm so glad I'm rich and in the 1% so I don't have to get down with the majority. Plus 99%ers don't have computers so there isn't any traffic online either.

Post Thanks / Like

I got up early one black friday about 8 or 10 years back, and that did it for me. never did it again and never will. the net is the way to go. it will take a few days to get your goods. but it's less stress. this friday I was going to buy a set of new tires. I called a local tire store, and got a price on 4 new 255/70R16 Generals and the best the guy said he could do me was 732.00 so I got on the net and discount tires direct had them for 600.00 and they had a black friday 50.00 discount and tax free for the weekend. and free shipping. so I got 4 new tires dropped off at my door for the total of 550.00 a lot less than 732. but I'll still have to pay 40 bucks to have them installed. it's good to support local business, but when they price themselfs out of the market, then let them go bankrupt.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I got up early one black friday about 8 or 10 years back, and that did it for me. never did it again and never will. the net is the way to go. it will take a few days to get your goods. but it's less stress. this friday I was going to buy a set of new tires. I called a local tire store, and got a price on 4 new 255/70R16 Generals and the best the guy said he could do me was 732.00 so I got on the net and discount tires direct had them for 600.00 and they had a black friday 50.00 discount and tax free for the weekend. and free shipping. so I got 4 new tires dropped off at my door for the total of 550.00 a lot less than 732. but I'll still have to pay 40 bucks to have them installed. it's good to support local business, but when they price themselfs out of the market, then let them go bankrupt.
    I totally agree. I don't think we the consumer owe them loyalty, I think they owe it to us.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure splitshot has some better input......I was thinking a local store might not have the buying power of a chain store?? Larger chain stores can buy thousands of tires compared to a small shop and then they can pass some of the savings on to the customer.
    I'm all about getting the most for my dollar as well and when it comes to big ticket items I usually get stuff from bigger stores or buddy prices.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the world would be like if people started camping out two or three days before election day, to make sure they got their vote in? Same train of thought applies to church service on Sunday...I wonder what the world would be like if people were lined up down the steps, along the sidewalk, across the parking lot and down the street a ways waiting for the church doors to open.

Post Thanks / Like

The human race has reverted back to animalistic traits. Totally pathetic