Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reading the Signs: Can Wildlife Predict Fishing Success?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I probably went a bit far with that one. I'm was just trying to make people laugh.
    Oh I'd say you were right in line and it was a good line.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

What I meant was when the pressure drops as an indicator of a front approaching, Beavers tend to get active checking their dams and dens because they are anticipating an increase in water levels. Since the wife hates to fish high winds, when the beavers are active, I tend to launch and fish at the dam so she will be in calmer waters, and so if it does rain, we are closer to the ramp.

Really.....trust me......I used to sell cars.

Hey, can I change my avatar to a picture of me topwater fishing Striper jumps in a my Cabela's Extreme Gear thong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    What I meant was when the pressure drops as an indicator of a front approaching, Beavers tend to get active checking their dams and dens because they are anticipating an increase in water levels. Since the wife hates to fish high winds, when the beavers are active, I tend to launch and fish at the dam so she will be in calmer waters, and so if it does rain, we are closer to the ramp.

Really.....trust me......I used to sell cars.

Hey, can I change my avatar to a picture of me topwater fishing Striper jumps in a my Cabela's Extreme Gear thong?
    For the love of all things holy, please refrain!

Post Thanks / Like

What the conditions are, what the wildlife are doing, and all the "old sayings" won't predict your fishing success !! Remember - you gotta find'em before you can catch'em !! Knowing where they are (or should be, given the current trend of conditions) comes from knowledge about the habits & habitats of the fish you're after. And, even that may not always work in your favor, since the fish have a habit of doing things that defy all sense of reason, at times.
    And, you sure won't catch'em if'n ya don't go !!

... pappy

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    For the love of all things holy, please refrain!
    http://pikeflyfishingarticles.blogsp...oto-shoot.html

NEXT!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the cow thing before, but it didn't have anything at all to do with fishing.....

If the cows are up walking around/grazing, the DEER would be doing the same thing. If they were all lying down, then the DEER would be doing the same thing. I found that to be accurate more times than not.

As for fishing success, the barometer is what I look at, but it isn't always reliable. I do know that I would rather fish on a cloudy day than a sunny bluebird day.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago i had bought a dog and sent it home to my cousin to keep for me. About a week after it had arrived at his house i called to check up on the dog and see how it was doing. He said everything was okay with the dog but earlier that night the dog had been acting really odd. He said the dog had belly crawled out of his dog box and over to the food bowl and had ate his food laying on his belly and had belly crawled back into the dog box. The next morning my cousin called and asked me if i remembered him telling me about the dog crawling on his belly. He then told me west Ky had a earthquake a few hours later right around 2:00 to 3:00 am in the morning and that the shaking was strong enough it shook the whole house and woke his family up from sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy went to a famous dog breeder to get the best retriever he could. The breeder told him the price and it made his jaw drop, but the breeder said, "It's high, but this is a special dog that can count. There's a pond over yonder. Go, dog!" The dog took off like a streak and came back a minute later, sat down, and barked three times. "He's telling you there's three ducks on the pond." Sure enough, they walked over to the pond, and three ducks flew off as they were getting close.

To prove his dog, the breeder drove them to another couple of ponds. The dog raced off and ran back and sat in front of them. The dog barked twice, then rolled over and barked five times. They walked over to the first pond, seeing two ducks then to the second pond where five ducks flew off. Now a believer, the guy opened his wallet and drove home with his new dog.

Six months later, he ran into the breeder at a store. The breeder asked about the dog. "Well, I hate to say it, but that dog went crazy and I had to shoot it." The breeder couldn't believe it and asked what happened. "He was a great dog, and could count ducks and everything. One time, though, he raced back to me, picked up a stick, and started smacking me on the leg with it. Every time I asked how many ducks, he'd smack me harder. He'd just gone pure crazy."

The breeder narrowed his eyes: "You idiot! he was telling you there's more ducks than you could shake a stick at!"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice poor dog

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Reading the Signs: Can Wildlife Predict Fishing Success?

Nice ending Eddie !

Post Thanks / Like

I was down towerd barren sat. And Sunday and notice that the cows and the horses where up grazing both days. Did anyone fish this weekend and how did you all do. I kept telling my wife I needed to be fishing Couse the cows and horses are active and the fishing is good. She didn't care I still didn't get to fish.....lol

Post Thanks / Like

I was driving on highway 231 near Bowling Green this morning and passed through an area with cattle on each side of the road. The cattle on the right were up grazing and the ones on the left were laying around the field. I have spent the rest of the day wondering what that meant for fishing. Do you suppose it meant that fish would only bite on the right side of the boat?