Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ky Lake or Big G

For you men in the know.Which is the better lake overall Ky Lake or Guntersville for mostly bass,would do some crappie and shellcracker fishing with the kids too....Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ky Lake or Big G

Quote Originally Posted by gbs52 View Post
    For you men in the know.Which is the better lake overall Ky Lake or Guntersville for mostly bass,would do some crappie and shellcracker fishing with the kids too....Thanks
    Being a native Kentuckian and living here all my life I get to fish Ky lake several times a year and I also make at least one trip to Guntersville every year, at least for the last 12 yrs. I will take the Big G anytime over Ky. I dont know why I struggle on my home lake but I do. If you go to guntersville in March/April, pull up on a grassy flat, 4 ft of water and throw excaliber traps, lizards, or jerk baits and you will have the time of your life. While we are in guntersville we will fish for crappie after dark under the causeway and catch a boat load of good/great crappie. 2 yrs ago my 9 yr old caught a 15 1/2 incher. For shellcracker Ky Lake is the only lake in my book, April and May have been the best times for me.