Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Indainaoplis Tornado Procedures

NOAA advises "when a tornado warning is issued in the Indianapolis Area, seek immediate refuge in Colts-Lucas Stadium...."

Why?

Virtually no chance of a touchdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Indainaoplis Tornado Procedures

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    NOAA advises "when a tornado warning is issued in the Indianapolis Area, seek immediate refuge in Colts-Lucas Stadium...."

Why?

Virtually no chance of a touchdown.

LOL, good one but I thought they started all their warnings off with "If your dumb enough to live in this godforsaken state........."

Post Thanks / Like

Sports Illustrated I believe is calling for Manning as MVP his year. They have a good point.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. The Colts wouldn't be having a great year even if Manning was healthy. Their defense has allowed the most points of any team in the NFL, and Manning doesn't run that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    I don't think so. The Colts wouldn't be having a great year even if Manning was healthy. Their defense has allowed the most points of any team in the NFL, and Manning doesn't run that.
    Manning would have kept that defense off the field so that they couldn't give up those points. It is how he played since he has been in the league. The Colts defense has always been sorry. Even in their Super Bowl winning year they ranked in the 20'sa in total defense out of 32 teams. A good offense can help a bad defense if run properly and that is what Manning does.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Agree Manning did much to help teh defense, as he kept long drives going, the defense rested. This year the offiense and defense are beat up. Both playing wth many second and third stringers. Defense was built on speed, and thos guys tire when fighting off the bigger offensvie guys on other teams. Manning gave them time to catch their wind. And somebodys else's offense can't score when the Colts offense is eating clock.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on, their defense would still have to stop SOMEBODY. OK, they wouldn't be 1-13, but I still say they'd be having an off year even WITH Manning.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

They are averaging just 4 more points per game scored against them than last year, however, theyr are averaging 14-15 points less per game on offense than last year. A combine net deficit of 19 points. The defense is not good, but not much worse than last year. But the defense has had to be on the field alot more than last year. And the offense just is well off last years pace.

I agree, they would not be a top team this year anyway, as they had too many offensive and defensive 1st stringers busted up. No argument there, and I never meant in any way to imply they would have been contenders.