Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Evansville Bassmasters

We are a growing club in SW IN and are always looking for new members or network to make new friends in the sport we love. We would be welcoming for any fishermen in the Henderson KY area who would be interested in joining our club. We currently fish KY Lake, Barkley Lake, Bershears, Smithland, Tennessee, and Patoka Lake. We provide friendly competition and evenmore a chance to learn from each other to sharpen our skills. If interested check out our web site:

http://evansvillebassmasters.webs.com

Good luck fishing in 2012 and Tight Linse.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Evansville Bassmasters

Hey i know for sure ive talked to two of the guys in your club pic (talked at the Evansville Gander Mountain) and they definitely do have a hard driven enthusiasm for talking about BASS FISHING.
    If your other club members are as nice as they were then im betting you definitely have a cream of the crop bassin club.

I read your club rules and have a question:
    Types of Tackle:
    Only artificial lures may be used. No live bait or prepared bait is allowed. Pork baits (rind) may be used. Anglers may fish with only one rod at a a time. Pre-rigged tackle may be available for use by the angler.

So im interpretting this to mean that if im throwing a spinner bait and a fish nails it and misses it im not allowed to drop my rod with my line and spinner bait still in the water and immediately toss a jig n pig at that fish. Am i ethically and legally required to first fully retrieve that spinner bait before i commence to tossing the jig n pig???
    Last edited by IronWorker; 12-26-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the technical answer would be yes that the previous rig be fully reeled in and not fished. However, if you set aside the rod to pick up another rod and the spinnerbait were to slide over into the water, you would not be penalized. Your intent was not to fish two rods at the same time. While we have the same or simular rules as the FLW that we are affiliated with, we are also not lacking common sense when a fellow fisherman is not trying to break the rules. Our club is designed for friendly competition and to promote the sport we love. We share techniques and help weither fishing against each other or helping in a top 8 tourney. If you are close to Evansville, we would love to have you check out our club. We are always looking for new members to strengthen our club. Plus, we vote on any changes so if the wording was of concern you have a voice in the direction of the club if others believe in the same cause. I definitely appreciate the comment and maybe we should address this at our January 2 meeting. Good luck fish and maybe we will see you on the water.

Dan

http:\\www.evansvillebassmasters.webs.com

Post Thanks / Like

We have posted our 2012 tournament schedule on our web site. Check it out we would love to have any new comers weither you own a boat or not all is welcomed. Our web site is http:\\www.evansvillebassmasters.webs.com

Plus check out the sponsors on our page. We would love to thank them for their support.

Charmerbaits.com
    D-Patrick Auto and Glass

Dan