Search Fishin.com

Thread: Grider Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Grider Hill

the FNF is about all I can think about, we like to put in at the Dam, thinking about taking my grandson (he's12) I have some health things going on, I can't make it up the hill to get the truck, so thinking about Grider Hill, how is it for launching? how is the walk to the parking lot? as always thanks in advance.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grider Hill

Don' t know how high the water is right now , it's a good 2 lane ramp but it's a pretty good walk up to the parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't launch at Grider, but there's another option. Use the ramp off Old Rowena Rd. Turn in at the State Park entrance, then take the first right onto old Rowena Rd. The turn onto Rowena Rd is extremely close to the park entrance. That road will take you right down to lake at a new single lane ramp. It will drop you on the north side of the main lake between mouth of Beaver and Indian. Ramp is clean and with an easy grade. You park right on the bank, with no walking/no major grade. There's no dock, so you'll have to beach your boat or have someone hold on to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary,
    Wished I was off I'd go with you too and you wouldn't have to walk up the hill. Let me know how you do, I won't get to go until maybe next Friday.
    Later,
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyriver View Post
    I don't launch at Grider, but there's another option. Use the ramp off Old Rowena Rd. Turn in at the State Park entrance, then take the first right onto old Rowena Rd. The turn onto Rowena Rd is extremely close to the park entrance. That road will take you right down to lake at a new single lane ramp. It will drop you on the north side of the main lake between mouth of Beaver and Indian. Ramp is clean and with an easy grade. You park right on the bank, with no walking/no major grade. There's no dock, so you'll have to beach your boat or have someone hold on to it.
    thanks river, that's seems like it is custom made for me, this summer I put on a Keel-Guard this will give me a chance to use it, and putting their will save some time and gas of going to Gridere Hill

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Gary,
    Wished I was off I'd go with you too and you wouldn't have to walk up the hill. Let me know how you do, I won't get to go until maybe next Friday.
    Later,
    Tim
    hey Tim, I won't get to go any time soon, just planing ahead, wishful thinking, my back is healing a little slower than we hoped, my grandson and I were pouring up some FNF jig heads and were trying to figure how we could go, let us know how you do when you go, I hope you and I get to go some later on.

Gaty