Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The demo challange for Tim T.

Well Tim T., sence you seem to be all gruff and personal in most of your replys to just about everyone here...I thought maybe you can finish what you start with me; this was the way I was raised. How about you and me go head to head on sports..sence I know such little about it..this should be a cake walk for ya. We can do this for fun Tim T.,..like when two friends do when they are fishing, and they keep count of the total bass they catch each. Or we can wager...Im all in for a wager...how about 2 night stay at the choice of state lodge..like Barren...or Barkley..a weekend paid for at the lodge...any weekend in the month of April.
    We can keep a running score here..a running total, you know...like how those past super-stars and x-coaches do on the NFL pre-game show. As long as we "both" post before the event / game..of course..before the start of the game of choice..should be quite easy. If we both don't pick on the same event..it won't count...if we do, it will count. Id say we make April 2nd the dead line..this will be the NCAA Men's BB Champ game in N.O. Any sporting event between now and then, is fair game...we can post a little paragraph..or just pick the winners. How about we make the CATS vs CARDS OUR GAME ONE!
    I'll keep this short and sweet...Cats will win over the Cards. These riviry games can be tricky...If the Cards can keep it close at half time...and Russ Smith is hot as usuall..and Siva runs the gambit with many assists..and Kyle is hot on the Three's..and they play full court defence, like they have been tought..it might be close game. But Im thinking a "white wash" myself...could get boring...If you also go with the cats..and they do win (a point each)..lets go with a bonus point on closes to win margin...Im going with 10. (your either over that..or under). More to ponder...BOWLS for points this weekend!
    2) Texas A&M over N.W.
    3) Utah over Georgia Tech
    4) Vandy over Cinn
    5) UCLA over ILL.
    6) Auburn over Virgina
    7) Georgia over Mich St.
    8) South Carolina over Nabraska
    9) FL. over Ohio St.
    10) Wisc. over Oregon
    11) Standford over Okla St.
    12) and I'll just go on and say that Alabama will also be victorious over LSU!
    13) and for bouns points...Drew Brees on NFL MVP (you can pick your own player..or Drew).
    Pro Football
    14) Giants over Dallas
    These are my picks...hope you choose to take the Demo Challange...15 possible points from my end.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The demo challange for Tim T.

I'm not Tim T. I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough but that's a lot of games to pick and it caught my eye so I want to toss my picks in, well just because I haven't been on here for a bit.

1. I'll take KY over UofL in the big game
    2. Texas A&M
    3. Georgia Tech
    4. Vandy
    5. Illinois
    6. Auburn
    7. Michigan State
    8. South Carolina
    9. Ohio State
    10. Oregon
    11. Ok.St.
    12. LSU
    13. Aaron Rodgers
    14. Giants

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by demodan View Post
    Well Tim T., sence you seem to be all gruff and personal in most of your replys to just about everyone here...I thought maybe you can finish what you start with me; this was the way I was raised. How about you and me go head to head on sports..sence I know such little about it..this should be a cake walk for ya. We can do this for fun Tim T.,..like when two friends do when they are fishing, and they keep count of the total bass they catch each. Or we can wager...Im all in for a wager...how about 2 night stay at the choice of state lodge..like Barren...or Barkley..a weekend paid for at the lodge...any weekend in the month of April.
    We can keep a running score here..a running total, you know...like how those past super-stars and x-coaches do on the NFL pre-game show. As long as we "both" post before the event / game..of course..before the start of the game of choice..should be quite easy. If we both don't pick on the same event..it won't count...if we do, it will count. Id say we make April 2nd the dead line..this will be the NCAA Men's BB Champ game in N.O. Any sporting event between now and then, is fair game...we can post a little paragraph..or just pick the winners. How about we make the CATS vs CARDS OUR GAME ONE!
    I'll keep this short and sweet...Cats will win over the Cards. These riviry games can be tricky...If the Cards can keep it close at half time...and Russ Smith is hot as usuall..and Siva runs the gambit with many assists..and Kyle is hot on the Three's..and they play full court defence, like they have been tought..it might be close game. But Im thinking a "white wash" myself...could get boring...If you also go with the cats..and they do win (a point each)..lets go with a bonus point on closes to win margin...Im going with 10. (your either over that..or under). More to ponder...BOWLS for points this weekend!
    2) Texas A&M over N.W.
    4) Vandy over Cinn
    5) UCLA over ILL.
    6) Auburn over Virgina
    7) Georgia over Mich St.
    9) FL. over Ohio St.
    10) Wisc. over Oregon
    13) and for bouns points...Drew Brees on NFL MVP (you can pick your own player..or Drew).
    Pro Football
    14) Giants over Dallas
    These are my picks...hope you choose to take the Demo Challange...15 possible points from my end.

I think this ????? is a bit over the top....we are now placing wagers on the forum?? I'll have to leave it to the mods, but if it were my choice; DEEP SIX THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't agree, then take it to PM's between the two of you. The rest, at least for me I could give a ...?
    Last edited by FlyLie; 12-30-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it! Put it up just don't agree with Aaron Rogers as MVP I believe Drew Brees will be MVP or at least should be. Also think Bama over LSU as it's Roll Tide time. Other than that think you may be a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    I think this ????? is a bit over the top....we are now placing wagers on the forum?? I'll have to leave it to the mods, but if it were my choice; DEEP SIX THIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't agree, then take it to PM's between the two of you. The rest, at least for me I could give a ...?
    If you don't give a crap, why make a bull crap reply...geez...if you don't like my post, don't read it. I can pay for an individual to go fishing can't i? Your not one of those type A personalty are ya?
    Tim T didn't take them demo challange anyway..guess he is busy. He mentioned my lack of sports knowledge once... I didn't make a comment; then he mouthed off again, so I just wanted to see if he can back his trash talk...you know, finish what you start. Well it's half time..UK doing OK...it's a game..thought it might get a little boring there..We will see what UK does in the second half. Bring it on!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't give a crap, why make a bull crap reply...geez...if you don't like my post, don't read it. I can pay for an individual to go fishing can't i? Your not one of those type A personalty are ya?
    Tim T didn't take them demo challange anyway..guess he is busy. He mentioned my lack of sports knowledge once... I didn't make a comment; then he mouthed off again, so I just wanted to see if he can back his trash talk...you know, finish what you start. Well it's half time..UK doing OK...it's a game..thought it might get a little boring there..We will see what UK does in the second half. Bring it on!!
    I'm with you....if you get so offended by one post then pass it over and don't comment. On the other hand....If someone is on here 20 times a day trying to get some gambling going and dominating the boards then by all means address it (JMO) but what you said was no more out of line than anything else on here about sports or politics.

FYI...If you want to warn the moderators about this dreadful gambling ring then hit the alert button that way they will see it for sure.

Heck we all do the brackets on here in March so Mr. FlyLie don't be surprised when you read about that contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I'm with you....if you get so offended by one post then pass it over and don't comment. On the other hand....If someone is on here 20 times a day trying to get some gambling going and dominating the boards then by all means address it (JMO) but what you said was no more out of line than anything else on here about sports or politics.

FYI...If you want to warn the moderators about this dreadful gambling ring then hit the alert button that way they will see it for sure.

Heck we all do the brackets on here in March so Mr. FlyLie don't be surprised when you read about that contest.
    Know the button well and did hit it (yesterday, thank you). Now it's up to the MODS, their decision. Have a good day and enjoy the sunshine!
    Last edited by FlyLie; 12-31-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

2) Texas A&M over N.W.
    4) Vandy over Cinn
    5) UCLA over ILL.
    6) Auburn over Virgina
    7) Georgia over Mich St.
    9) FL. over Ohio St.
    10) Wisc. over Oregon
    Pro Football
    14) Giants over Dallas
    Way to many bowl games read the other day only one of them sold out. Was wondering how how you did on the picks. If you kept up with them?

Post Thanks / Like

9-3 with LSU and Aaron Rodgers still on the board..............

Brees is the man and a Purdue alum to boot. The playoff run will determine who gets the MVP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    9-3 with LSU and Aaron Rodgers still on the board..............

Brees is the man and a Purdue alum to boot. The playoff run will determine who gets the MVP.
    Very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a gambler, but I will play along but it is late and I missed most of the games. How about this, I will take the Packers to repeat, defeating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers as the MVP. LSU defeats Bama.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the NFC representative in the super bowl this year but I'm not sold on who it will be.