Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River

Although this has nothing to do with wetting a line was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at that little rental place at Winfrey's Ferry and what they thought about it. For the past um-teen years my bud's and I take a 3-4 day trip to fish the all mighty river and camp at Kendal. After spending the entire day on the river and getting back to camp it can be quite over whelming at the amount of camp chore's to be done including getting boats ready for the next days outing. Has anyone stayed at the Helm's landing duplex? Called about it last year ,but they called me back like 6 weeks after I inquired about it. Just wondering as we are making our plan for next April's trip. Thanks if anyone has any info. Happy New Year

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River

I stay at Riverside Retreat (Helms) at least one weekend every month during the summer. Paula Barnes owns and runs it, and she lives in the little white house there on the property. Clean, 2 fullsize beds, kitchenette, and full shower. It's great being able to launch at Helms in the morning, come back for lunch and chill out, back out on the water in the afternoon, and when you come back at night all you have to do is hook up the battery chargers and kick back and enjoy a few cold ones.

And yes, Paula is hard to get a hold of. Just keep calling. She has a day job so she's not always available by phone. I typically reserve all my weekends so i don't have to worry about getting a hold of her. She typically always has a room open during the week, but I would call to check about a weekend spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River

Thanks Flyfish coming back for lunch sounds a good deal. Might have to try that also. We usually stay out all day sometimes into the night. Put a phone call in to her yesterday .