Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

checkout this "version" of fnf fishing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IINzInGZmY

I commented on it.......rather harshly........I think there is NO WAY his system "really" works.......but I could be wrong.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: checkout this "version" of fnf fishing......

Geo,I'm something of a "fan" of your Boundary Waters/Quietico site and read most of your KY Lake posts but I gotta tell you I'm really dissapointed in you. One of the purposes I think of a site like this is to "share" information about new styles and techniques of fishing,you are way out of line here both in tone and content in your reply to the California video.I;ve got a suggestion for you and I'm serious about this,get and old Zebco 33 out with a bobber and a red worm attached and just "go fishing",its "FUN",Hope you have a great year,Darealbigcat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darealbigcatman View Post
    Geo,I'm something of a "fan" of your Boundary Waters/Quietico site and read most of your KY Lake posts but I gotta tell you I'm really dissapointed in you. One of the purposes I think of a site like this is to "share" information about new styles and techniques of fishing,you are way out of line here both in tone and content in your reply to the California video.I;ve got a suggestion for you and I'm serious about this,get and old Zebco 33 out with a bobber and a red worm attached and just "go fishing",its "FUN",Hope you have a great year,Darealbigcat
    What I was concerned mostly about his method was the fact that it REALLY is not fnf. And it is the first site that you get to on youtube for methods of fishing the fly.

It is a modified misrepresentation.

I was a little harsh.

Later,

geo

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with catman, your comments were way out-of-line...I don't understand why you would attack someone for showing their method of fishing? Who cares if it is different than how you, or other ffin purists do it...its just fishing...and ffin is just glorified bobber fishing anyways...who cares what type of bobber you use, or what pound test you use?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

There was a lot more to it then me posting below the video.......a LOT MORE....

Post Thanks / Like

You float and fly guys need to get out more

Geo is absolutely right, what the guy was calling float and fly is not float and fly, it's just fishing a jig under a slipfloat, something that crappie fisherman have done for decades if not longer. That's actually the INSPIRATION for float and fly, if I remember correctly. Guys who were fishing a jig under a slip bobber were thinking they were missing strikes that came up from underneath the bait, because the bobber didn't do anything, so they modified a weighted bobber to be slightly top-heavy, so it would lay over if there wasn't any weight under it.

Geo, my friend, there are a lot of people out there who believe that float 'n' fly fishing is done with a slip bobber. It's not their fault, they're just ignorant, poor ******** Best thing we can do is educate them. I posted another response, backing you up.

Take a deep breath,

RoadToad

Post Thanks / Like

Thill makes a bobber SPECIFICALLY designed to turn over on its side... Anyway i agree with rich and catman. All it is is glorified bobber fishing!!! There is no reason to bash a guy simply because he doesnt do it just like you. Especially when his system does the same thing yours does and produces the same result. All im sayin is you just need to have an open mind to other techniques. If we didnt accept new techniques would we ever fish the alabama rig or wacky style worm.

Post Thanks / Like

Burt you're missing the point. That's great that Thill makes that bobber, and I have nothing against using that technique. If I can find some, I'll probably get some of those bobbers myself! I just won't say that I'm "float and fly" fishing when I'm using them, because that's NOT float and fly. You're still just fishing a jig under a slip bobber, albeit a better one. But the fact that you're using braid on the main line and fluoro on the leader is critical to a true float and fly. Your line simply doesn't cast the same, it doesn't lie on the water the same way, and you can't play the bait the same way with a slip bobber.
    Last edited by RoadToad; 01-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And there is nothing NEW about the technique in the video! Crappie fisherman have been fishing that way for decades! Then someone adapted it to smallmouth fishing, with some modifications (the modified bobber, the 3-way swivel, braid main line, fluoro leader, etc), and called it the "float and fly." But those are 2 different techniques. So really it's as much a semantic argument as anything.

Here's a good explanation of what Float and Fly really is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQtLickpMQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    And there is nothing NEW about the technique in the video! Crappie fisherman have been fishing that way for decades! Then someone adapted it to smallmouth fishing, with some modifications (the modified bobber, the 3-way swivel, braid main line, fluoro leader, etc), and called it the "float and fly." But those are 2 different techniques. So really it's as much a semantic argument as anything.

Here's a good explanation of what Float and Fly really is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQtLickpMQ
    sorry....couldnt help but notice that the above mentioned "good explanation of the float and fly" featured......MONO MAIN LINE!!!
    cheaters ! posers ! i will never watch kentucky afield again!
    and for the record there are about a "whole bunch" of locals here on c-land that have never used braid as main line....
    just my useless 2 cents

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IINzInGZmY

I commented on it.......rather harshly........I think there is NO WAY his system "really" works.......but I could be wrong.

Later,

Geo
    I can't believe he can get a printer to balance on a CPU

Post Thanks / Like

F'N'F is just glorified bobber fishing anyway. You can't say because you aren't using a certain bobber or certain line that its not the same technique because it certainly is. Its a jig under a bobber, PERIOD! It makes no difference what line or bobber you are using the technique is the same. There may be better ways to do it than others and for various reasons but its the same thing. You F'N'F nancy's need to get real!