Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek Lake Trout

I picked up the 2012 fishing Book that Ky Fish and Wildlife puts out every year and seen where Cedar Creek will be stocked with Rainbow Trout in September 2012. Looks like they are going to dump 7000 Rainbow's in the lake.

Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Trout

That's great for the trophy bass in that lake. Trout are extremely high in protien -- essential for rapid weight gain.

However, that may be bad for those who travel there targeting trout. Guess we'll see what happens.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    That's great for the trophy bass in that lake. Trout are extremely high in protien -- essential for rapid weight gain.

However, that may be bad for those who travel there targeting trout. Guess we'll see what happens.....
    You know when I read that, this is what I was thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay!!!! More people on cedar creek acting like douche bags

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Billy you have a PM about Cedar, I know you've been!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post

Exactly...we have a local lake here in Southern UT that is stocked heavily with trout, and they pull out MONSTER LMs out of there using the Huddleston trout swimbaits! The bass in that lake get huge fast with the trout buffet they are served! Can't wait to hit it this spring! Just hope I don't lose any Huddlestons...they cost a fortune!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Exactly...we have a local lake here in Southern UT that is stocked heavily with trout, and they pull out MONSTER LMs out of there using the Huddleston trout swimbaits! The bass in that lake get huge fast with the trout buffet they are served! Can't wait to hit it this spring! Just hope I don't lose any Huddlestons...they cost a fortune!

-Rich
    I been getting a little fluffier here the past few years. Reckon I need to quit eatin them rainbows?

Post Thanks / Like

I question the water temps of cedar to maintain trout in the warmer months, but if they are stocking in September maybe the bass will have a chance to feed before the warmer temps kill the trout in early summer. The lake is full of shad which is not as high in protein as trout which will hold down growth weight.

Post Thanks / Like

They stock some of the small lakes around here with Rainbow, The old Stanford Lake, and it seems to do well, and I know it is not a deep lake at all. It only has one big creek running into it, so I would think they would live in Cedar Creek. Danville's park has a 2 arce pond on it and it is getting a stocking of trout also.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT ... now we're going to have to make room for the flyrod crowd out there trying to catch the Rainbows.
    And I suppose one will have to have a "Trout Stamp" to take these fish from Cedar Creek Lake ??
    What are they going to put in there next ..... Muskie ? Walleye ? Spoonbill ?? LOL !!!

Anybody have any idea what the consequences will be on the Crappie, Redear, & Bluegill population ??

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief guys! You would think a sportsman would be HAPPY with more opprutunity on a lake. If the bass eat the trout, it is a win for the bass guys. If more people buy a trout stamp, it is a win for all of us because that is just that much more money the Dept will get to keep KY's fishing heritage alive. If more people come to the lake, that is a win for the local economy.

Winter is definately in full swing with all the pissing and moaning about adding another species of fish to catch.

Do you REALLY think adding trout would throw off the balance of fishing on the lake, or heaven-forbid, put THAT many more people on the lake running the poor bass fisherman off the lake to find somewhere else to fish?

Get a grip on reality guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    Good grief guys! You would think a sportsman would be HAPPY with more opprutunity on a lake. If the bass eat the trout, it is a win for the bass guys. If more people buy a trout stamp, it is a win for all of us because that is just that much more money the Dept will get to keep KY's fishing heritage alive. If more people come to the lake, that is a win for the local economy.

Winter is definately in full swing with all the pissing and moaning about adding another species of fish to catch.

Do you REALLY think adding trout would throw off the balance of fishing on the lake, or heaven-forbid, put THAT many more people on the lake running the poor bass fisherman off the lake to find somewhere else to fish?

Get a grip on reality guys.
    Have you ever been there on a Saturday? The only reason i said it was thats going to give more people bass guys or not more reason to be out there acting very unsportsman on such a small body of water.