Search Fishin.com

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like

After 25 years I QUIT........

As of 1:00 A.M. January 1st, I smoked my last cigarette. I am trying the E-cigs & they are awesome. I have missed it some but it is much much easier this way than I thought it would be. I hope I never go back to that, I am already starting to breathe easier & feel better. It will get hard when I get in the boat to fish, thats when I enjoyed it the most. I know that 55 hours 21 minutes & 30 seconds don't sound like long, but it is the longest I have ever been without one for 25 years.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Re: After 25 years I QUIT........

Good luck Jason, I've never smoked but no from friends that do it's one of the toughest habits to kick.Hope all is well and we can do some Fri.nighters this year. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations......YOU CAN DO IT!!

I smoked for 13 years and quit cold turkey, by the help and grace of God. It has been several years and I've never wanted or smoked another cigarette. I actually developed such an aversion to cigarette smoke that it sends me into coughing fits if I am around it. About a week after I quit, my energy level started to increase and I felt so good. I actually started jogging a mile a day and didn't huff and puff trying to get enough air to complete the run.

Sweetie Pie smokes and his doctor told him that, if he quits, in about 3-4 weeks the 'crud' that has built up in his lungs will begin clearing out. He said there will be times when he can actually taste nicotine from his lungs and that will be the point at which he will know his lungs are clearing up.

The temperature here is supposed to be about 70 degrees Thursday and we are going fishing on the Tombigbee River where I grew up. The first time Sweetie Pie saw it was last Sunday afternoon and that's all he can talk about. The boat ramp is in a creek about 300 yards from the river and the banks of the creek have sawgrass growing in the edge of the water. We saw lots of bass moving around and it was exciting. That area isn't fished much because there is a large campground about 10 miles downriver below the dam and that's where all the fishing tournaments are held. I am so looking forward to going.

My best wishes for a successful smoking cessation.

Post Thanks / Like

you can do it, I quit cold turkey 12 years ago.....Best thing I ever did in my life.....

Post Thanks / Like

Keep going! My daughter was a drug addict and spent 6 months in rehab to kick the very addictive drugs she was using. She kicked the drugs, THANK GOD!, but she still smokes. I see how difficult it is for people to quit. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of the smartest things you will ever do in your life man. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Hope it works for you