Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh baby!

Been at the hospital with my bride trying to deliver our first child since last night about this time...coming up on 24 hours...She's trying to deliver, that is - Not me.

Our daughter is being very stubborn (like her mother) and not wanting to come out and play with the world. Apparently, she overheard the TV in the room this morning talking about how Barack Obama is President and decided that she'd just stay in the womb. LOL

We had a few issues with her heart rate, but those have worked themselves out. Right now, we're just waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

Thankfully, there's wireless internet at this joint.

Hopefully by morning I'll be at the weigh-in with a 7-pound 20-incher...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oh baby!

Rough labor......My wife and I were at Lamas?? class when she went into labor with our first..25 hours later, my daughter was born.

Hang in there..........

Oh BTW...........Congrats.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you and your wife! If you need something and the army of family and friends can't be reached just call me!
    Very happy for you man!

Post Thanks / Like

Think the hospital's charge by the day and not the hour. Hope all's well. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you and the wife......Wish new mother's and their babies could stay in the Hospital a little longer. But Insurance Companies only pay for 2 days at most, unless something is wrong with the mother or baby...... I think the extra time in the Hospital would be great for the new one and the mother.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsgMills View Post
    Congrats to you and the wife......Wish new mother's and their babies could stay in the Hospital a little longer. But Insurance Companies only pay for 2 days at most, unless something is wrong with the mother or baby...... I think the extra time in the Hospital would be great for the new one and the mother.....
    I think it would help the mother to have a little more time to rest but they have found out these little babies are not as fragile as we once thought. My first daughter was born forty two years ago myself and one other person was able to be in the room after she was born and not in the operating room. I was not allowed to hold the baby until she was discharged. My granddaughter was born fifteen years ago and anyone was allowed in the room they brought pizza and presents everyone held her and had group pictures etc. sure changed.

Forgot; congrats Splitshot I had to wait 18 hours on Thanksgiving day for my first one and worth every minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes congrats and I wish a quick recovery for the Mrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Been there; done that. Having a baby is like trying to push a watermelon through a keyhole.....Ouch!

Congratulations! My best wishes for a safe delivery for mom and baby.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I learned from the birth of our first child: no matter how objective you think you are, do NOT read the contraction meter and remark to your wife, "Geeze, honey, why did you scream so loudly, that one wasn't nearly as big as the last one"?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the well wishes....I'm happy to report that we had a 7lb6oz little baby girl this morning! Sara Elizabeth. She's 19-1/2" long, in great health...strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and already got a big mouth on her....so I'm in trouble!

Stacy had to have a c-section this am because of some complications, but all's well that ends well!

We're in the hospital until Sunday because of the c-section.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Splitshot. We were almost glad we had a C-section because it meant a longer hospital visit, and the nurses taught us a lot.

Girls will steal your heart at our age faster than they did when we were teenagers. Congrats to you and Stacy.