Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what is the best buddie tourment trail to fish ?

/??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is the best buddie tourment trail to fish ?

It is hard to say what is the best. If you are looking for a small club with a meeting once a month they are out there. If you are looking for big money for 1st place they are out there. If you are looking for low entry with big Classic they are out there too. Good Team Trails are out there you have to make that call I can say that USA Bassin is the best for some but not all. Renegade is the best for some but not all. BFL ABA R&W Weekend Series.

You have to say what you want to pay to fish a Tournament $125 $100 $70 $60 Look at what you can afford and go from there Can you pay for a 2 day Tounament on the Big water once or twice a month. I can Tell you the in's and out's of USA Bassin and Renegade but not all of the others. If you need info give me a call sometime John Newton 270 535-5774 I might be able to send you in the right Trail for you.

Post Thanks / Like

what part of the state are you plan on fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Art, seems like I have heard the same from other folks too. The director we had a couple of years ago did a good job from what I saw but I don't know why he either left or was replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with a club outof owen county. Called owencountybassmasters we fish all over the state. I live in georgetown and it works really well for me. Any questions hit me up on here. They have a really nice classic at the end of the year, a nice chil dinner in the winter which is coming up. Looking for any that wants to join.

Post Thanks / Like

I run the USA Bassin division on Green River Lake. To my knowlege, everyone is satisfied with how our tournaments are run. This is the first I've heard of problems on Guist Creek. I knew the director there (the one that ran it before you ahd your problems) and he is a good guy and ran his tournaments well. I have not met the new director for that division. Has anyone forwarded your complaints to the national director (or to any other USA Bassin director)?

I have more questions about what happened and how it was (or was not) handled, but this forum is not the right place. My primary concern is that the proper USA Bassin people have been informed, and if so whether anything has been done to prevent the issues going forward. I'd love hear the story... please e-mail at the address below.

John, had you heard anything about what was mentioned?

Thanks!
    Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    clintcone@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone slamming certain tournament trails or tournament directors need to comply with the rules of this website for discussions boards....that is post your contact information on your post to include name and phone number. Failure to do so will result in posts being deleted...mulitple violations of this rule by anyone will result in further action.

Post Thanks / Like

Clint, email has been sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shawn I know you live down around Lake Cumberland so what about the Red Bucks? If you don't mind driving a little the Green River Bass Club fishes Green, Barren, Nolin, and Cumberland....Or come on out and fish the R&W night series with us on Green....Lots of options out there

Post Thanks / Like

John has mentioned several tournaments but failed to mention the Barren River Fishing League its the only one around that spreads the money out over several places. This is the 2nd year I already have 50 boats pre-signed for the boat draw you are welcome to come out and fish with us. Thanks Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like

The people here have already mentioned a lot of events, trails, ect, but one thing you need to decide FIRST (besides the money issue) is how much do you expect to win back. There are HUGE differences in the "pay-back" monies between a USA Bassin and something like an R&W, but for valid reasons too. USA Bassin pays out GREAT, but most all of the good money is focused on the "Classic". On the other side of the coin, you have events like R&W who, at least last time I fished this trail, paid back MUCH MORE for individual tournament wins.
    This is NOT to say one is better than the other, cause both are well run and fun, but its another aspect of what YOU are looking for in a trail to consider.

Rob Appleby
    502-689-5528
    -Not affiliated with any trails, Just my insight to help.

Post Thanks / Like

!st off you need too ask your buddy what he wants too do.................JMO