Search Fishin.com

Thread: Up grade sonar

Post Thanks / Like

Up grade sonar

Im thinking of up grade my electronics to HDS-8 w/structure scan Ive heard some stories at both ends some say these units only last about a year and Lowrance support is non-existent,others say its the greatest thing ever.Any imput will be greatly appre.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up grade sonar

I have had the hds 7 for year and a half with one problem the structure scan box got water in it and shorted out but I think it was my fault. When I mounted it I heard a pop and I think I broke the seal on the back. Where I mounted it is exposed to rain also. The good thing was that the swapped it out with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an HDS-10 for about 4-6 months now and I like it a lot. I had a problem with the structure scan when I first got it. Lowrance sent me a new transducer right away no questions asked. The transducer did not fix the problem so I needed a structure scan. They asked me to send it in first then they would send a new one. I told him I really needed it that weekend can you charge me for it and just ship it till it gets back then refund me. He asked the boss and he said they could take my card number but only charge me if I didn't return it within 2 weeks. I got mine before the weekend and it's been working flawlessly every since both freshwater and saltwater.
    I have had to deal with warranty twice now and got zero complaints like other stories I have heard. Turns out it was a bad structure scan to start with but once replaced it was all good. And it does work really good.
    If you want to try one out first I live in Somerset on Lake Cumberland I would be more than happy to take you out if to see how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also go the Lowrance forum on bbcboards.net (bass boat central) & ask ??? & you will recieve answers form some very knowledgable folks & some are on Lworance pro staff & work for them also.