Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 more years

Post Thanks / Like

4 more years

things are starting to improve, 3 million new jobs were added in the last 20 months, and 2 of the 3 million jobs were added last year. I read this article and it gave me hope that things were getting better. I know there's people that would rather see our country crash, than to see President Obama succeed as President. but myself, I would like for the USA to do good. no matter who held the office as President....http://www.pressherald.com/business/...012-01-06.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 4 more years

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    things are starting to improve, 3 million new jobs were added in the last 20 months, and 2 of the 3 million jobs were added last year. I read this article and it gave me hope that things were getting better. I know there's people that would rather see our country crash, than to see President Obama succeed as President. but myself, I would like for the USA to do good. no matter who held the office as President....http://www.pressherald.com/business/...012-01-06.html
    Figures lie and liars figure!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Without major spending cuts the deficit will continue to swell.....in the meantime the recession may improve, but the next gererations will be riddled with our debts. We HAVE to quit giving things to people that will not work for it. Making them dependent on the government to live and survive is not the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post

Where are the statistics on the unemployed whose benefits ran out more than a year ago and are no longer counted as unemployed? How about the numbers of people who have been searching for any kind of jobs and can't find them?

I don't believe that there is ONE person who would rather see the USA crash than to see Obama succeed and President. If he hasn't done something about jobs over the past three years, what makes you think he gives a **** now? You hang on to your "hope" and see how much bread it puts on the tables of the needy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Figures lie and liars figure!!!!
    I'm an old man and that's a new one for me. never heard it before. but I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont want 4 more years of that guy. Imagine what he will try and do if he wasnt worried about reelection??? Omg we prolly would have an extra star on our flag for china or something. If he does manage to get reelected I hope the Gop get the majority in the senate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    Without major spending cuts the deficit will continue to swell.....in the meantime the recession may improve, but the next gererations will be riddled with our debts. We HAVE to quit giving things to people that will not work for it. Making them dependent on the government to live and survive is not the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On giving things to people who will not work for it are you talking about Leaman Brothers, Bank of America, Merrill Linch, Goldman Sacks, AIG and all the others????

You remember this was the result of the TARP act of October of 2008 signed by President G. W. Bush.

Or are you talking about that fellow that lives down the the street in the supported living group home that is recieving SSI and food stamps?

Post Thanks / Like

We HAVE to quit giving things to people that will not work for it. Making them dependent on the government to live and survive is not the answer!
    Correct!

For starters, let's reduce the amount of time you can be on unemployment...there are jobs out there, but no one wants to give up getting paid to watch Wheel-of-Fortune.

I also think we should give incentives for those on welfare to NOT have more kids. I swear, the baby making factory (aka ghetto) continues to grow, leading to more and more on welfare. Apparently the one with the most kids wins! It's sickening!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    On giving things to people who will not work for it are you talking about Leaman Brothers, Bank of America, Merrill Linch, Goldman Sacks, AIG and all the others????

You remember this was the result of the TARP act of October of 2008 signed by President G. W. Bush.

Or are you talking about that fellow that lives down the the street in the supported living group home that is recieving SSI and food stamps?
    I wasn't referring to the bail-out money....but you left out GM. I was talking about continued unemployment benefits, food stamps, SSI....the people that take our hard earned money because they WON'T work and keep having more kids that will be dependent. I know of people who brag about getting that extra $1500 a month because they just had another illegitimate child.....think they spend it on the child???? No, but they always have beer and cigs!!!!!!!! Some of the bailout money was very well spent, and some needed more oversight because it went straight to the pocket of the already rich.

Post Thanks / Like

.....think they spend it on the child???? No, but they always have beer and cigs!!!!!!!!
    You left out smart phones with internet/data plans, huge chineses big screen tvs, and upper level digital cable packages with all the movie channels and such to keep them entertained...oh and rent to own rims for their pimpmobile Cadillac....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post

Or perhaps you are talking about the Savings and Loan Crisis of 1989? This is where taxpayers bailed out Savings and loans that were failing, costing taxpayers 124 billion dollars in 1989 money.

The bailout was signed by President George H. Bush.

Incidentally a full one half of the savings and loans that received govenment bailout funds were from the state of Texas.

To be fair this crisis did not begin with George Sr.'s administration but rather the prior administrations deregulation of the Savings and Loan industry. And it was not limited to Republicans but rather a bipartisan lack of common sense.

The Keating 5 were senetors suspected of improper interferance in investigations. 4 were Democrats ans 1 was Republican. Interesting in the one republican was John McCain.
    Last edited by kydonky; 01-09-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Correct!

For starters, let's reduce the amount of time you can be on unemployment...there are jobs out there, but no one wants to give up getting paid to watch Wheel-of-Fortune.

I also think we should give incentives for those on welfare to NOT have more kids. I swear, the baby making factory (aka ghetto) continues to grow, leading to more and more on welfare. Apparently the one with the most kids wins! It's sickening!
    First helpful comment yet. Like the idea of limiting unemployment. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. Look at KY agriculture. We used to spend our sumers making a little cash so we could purchase that 1964 Nova to drive to school or that 14 ft. Sears (Applebee) jon boat. Now we have to bring up crews from Mexico to work tobacco.

Second point could be troublesome if you are thinking about giving out condoms or birth control. Never happen.