Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BCS title game - random thoughts

It pains me to say this, but the two best teams are playing tonight. Not so sure about the two most deserving, but the best two. I think Oklahoma State has a better overall resume than Alabama. The "eye test" says that Alabama is better. But, would the "eye test" say Oklahoma State is better had they not lost to Iowa State? I don't view them any different had they WON that game and entered 12-0. But all of a sudden at 12-0 it's a no-brainer.

Now as far as rematches go, yes they happen in championship games all the time. The only difference is the playoff format that the teams had to go through to get to the rematch. No system "votes" in the title game like college football. That's a big difference in my opinion.

If Alabama loses, they will likely finish #3 behind Oklahoma State. Why is that? If they were good enough to be #2 the week before they should still be #2 regardless.

What would happen if one team wins like 38-35? Would their defenses still be "best ever" even though neither offense is that proficient?

With all that rambling I'll take LSU in a close one 28-24.

If Alabama wins it leaves doubt in my mind as to who the best team was........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BCS title game - random thoughts

I don't see why so many people are picking Bama. LSU has played a tougher schedule, including two OOC road wins that were impressive. LSU defeated Bama at Bama and they now have the qb situation settled. I look for LSU to win by 7 points or better.

Heard an interstin twist on the mythical national title game tonight...what happens if Alabama wins 9-6? Is it a tie?

Post Thanks / Like

BCS by contract has to declare the winner the National Champion. The AP is a different story, they could vote for AL and then it could be a split championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Uggg.....

So I guess my next question is:

If Ok.St loss to Iowa State was bad, how bad was Alabama's loss to LSU at Alabama?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Alabama proved who should be the champ. Man what a beat down they put on LSU!

Post Thanks / Like

What is not considered in the computer polls is the night Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State is the day that their Women's Basketball coach and an Assistant was killed in a plane crash. The BCS Committee is meeting today about the system. I will bet money if you did not win your conference then you are not eligible for the title game is a change they make.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    What is not considered in the computer polls is the night Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State is the day that their Women's Basketball coach and an Assistant was killed in a plane crash. The BCS Committee is meeting today about the system. I will bet money if you did not win your conference then you are not eligible for the title game is a change they make.
    If you bet don't welch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    Man I hope it does t come down to that. The SEC is so strong that in most years their top teams can beat any team out there. I like the idea of the top 4 or whatever play a one and done series.

Post Thanks / Like

If they set it so you have to win your conference to play in the BCS title game, they may not have the two best teams playing.

I don't believe Ok State could stay with either team.

Then again, in this particular situation I'm biased.

Hail Yayuh. Roll Tide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Looks like Alabama proved who should be the champ. Man what a beat down they put on LSU!
    What an impressive game by the Tide defense. I think I saw bassin-bug there she was wearing red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I don't see why so many people are picking Bama. LSU has played a tougher schedule, including two OOC road wins that were impressive. LSU defeated Bama at Bama and they now have the qb situation settled. I look for LSU to win by 7 points or better.

Heard an interstin twist on the mythical national title game tonight...what happens if Alabama wins 9-6? Is it a tie?
    Good call Tim!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: BCS title game - random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    What an impressive game by the Tide defense. I think I saw bassin-bug there she was wearing red.
    This lady says, "ROLL TIDE, ROLL!"

I was wearing red............................................... ..underwear. You naughty boy!