Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun in Louisville

Wanting to go to Louisville this weekend for some fun. Maybe a nice dinner and some form of entertainment. I am not very familiar with Louisville. Anyone have any suggestions of where or where not to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun in Louisville

First things first....is your passport current?

Post Thanks / Like

Well any Logan's Steakhouse, LongHorn's or Outback is some fine eatin...If your into a Military frame of mind..Get on over to the Downtown Convention Center for the ROTC Drill Competition from 08:30 am to about 5:30 pm. Admission is free and you'll get to see the 12 time National Jr. ROTC Marine Corps men's and women's Drill Teams perform from Fern Creek High School.

If your into Basketball, I believe the Louisville Cardinal's will be out of town this weekend playing at Pittsburgh....

Maybe someone else will jump in and tell you some more options.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    First things first....is your passport current?

LMAO! I'm pretty sure its up to date yes! I'm just burnt out on Lexington, wanna try something new.

Mills, are there any restaurants a bit more upscale you would recommend? Kinda wanting something nice and quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a number of good eating establishments. BBC (Bluegrass Brewing Co.) is a nice spot for some good food and beer. Stevie Ray's on Main St. is a great blues bar. Or if you're looking for some real "manly" entertainment you might check out Connections.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the most expensive places to eat at in Louisville is a place called Chris Ruth's or Ruth Chris Steak House or something like that. Located off the Watterson Expway. Someone more familiar with the place can chime in and give more details...The place is too High dollar for my tastes for a steak.....

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go somewhere nice, try out Del Friscos. It is a great place to get a steak dinner, but will cost you more. If you are looking for a nice night out, it is worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

It's Ruth's Chris. I've never eaten there, never felt like shelling out the bucks. From what I hear, if you're into high-end dining, that place is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a Cowboy Cut from Texas Roadhouse. Paying any more $$$ for a steak than that, IMO, falls into the economic law of diminishing returns.

The only time I eat a steak more expensive than that is if it's on some other schmuck's dime. LOL

But I know sometimes it's about ambiance...Jeff Ruby's is an upscale joint downtown, I hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bplgocards View Post
    If you want to go somewhere nice, try out Del Friscos. It is a great place to get a steak dinner, but will cost you more. If you are looking for a nice night out, it is worthwhile.
    Another vote for Del Firsco's. If you are going to be downtown, you can hit Jeff Ruby's and then walk over to Fourth Street Live.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're staying overnight, try the Galt House. It is attached to Jeff Ruby's, has its own nice restaurant (RiVue), and is right on the riverfront.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMIDD View Post
    LMAO! I'm pretty sure its up to date yes! I'm just burnt out on Lexington, wanna try something new.

Mills, are there any restaurants a bit more upscale you would recommend? Kinda wanting something nice and quiet.
    Mitchell's Fish Market is one of my favorite places to go, but it is a little pricey so I only go on special occassions. They fly in fresh fish daily from around the world and everything there is great! Also, their desserts are awesome! My wife and I usually split a sharkfin...oh man is it good!

http://www.mitchellsfishmarket.com/i...ectlocation=19

Rocky's on the River is another great place that also offers a great view. It's not near as expensive and a really good value for what you get. The lasagna is my favorite, although their calzones are pretty awesome too! Excellent selection of draft beer as well, I would recommend Falls City to go with about anything there. Papa John (the pizza chain guy) began his pizza career at Rocky's when he worked there during high school.

http://www.eatatrockys.com/