Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Louisville Boat and Sportshow

Anyone heading out to the sportshow next weekend? I plan on watching Mark Menendez's clinic on early season crankbaiting and jerkbaits. I like using jerkbaits but not so much crankbaits early in the season, so I hope to learn a few things. What are you all hoping to see?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Louisville Boat and Sportshow

Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    Anyone heading out to the sportshow next weekend? I plan on watching Mark Menendez's clinic on early season crankbaiting and jerkbaits. I like using jerkbaits but not so much crankbaits early in the season, so I hope to learn a few things. What are you all hoping to see?
    I will be in the Kentucky Outdoors magazine booth most of the time. Going to be some good seminars for the hunters and anglers. Stephen Headrick will be doing smallmouth seminars.

Post Thanks / Like

This show has gone down hill over the last 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigrod View Post
    This show has gone down hill over the last 10 years.
    There is a lot being done to try and change that. They are trying to get more fishing and hunting people there, which the focus has went away from.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Nashville last weekend and the seminars were great. Looks like Louisville is having some of the same seminars and I plan on going to them as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cincy boat/travel/fishing show is also next weekend . . . odd that they would be on the same weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    There is a lot being done to try and change that. They are trying to get more fishing and hunting people there, which the focus has went away from.
    I really hope things change for the better with the show. I have been a part of it in the past and attendance and booths were sad to say the least. With the Strader show done for, anglers and hunters are looking for a show to find new products and seminars to learn from. When the QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association for those who aren't familiar) came into town a couple years ago, they had much greater attendance than what they expected. I believe that was the first year Strader stopped his show.

I will be out of town for the show this year, but from the marketing I have seen, you're right, they seem to be targeting the anglers and hunters much more as they should. It's nice to come to the show and dream about a new boat or camper, but people aren't looking to buy a new rig every year. They are looking to stock up on fishing and hunting equipment and knowledge. Another good way to increase attendance is to decrease the cost of parking!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So the admission is $10 plus you pay $8 for parking, is this correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RIBLUEFISH View Post
    So the admission is $10 plus you pay $8 for parking, is this correct?

That is correct - if you can make it to your local Kroger store you can get the tickets for $8.00. I wish there was a way to save on the parking...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin' Buck View Post
    I really hope things change for the better with the show. I have been a part of it in the past and attendance and booths were sad to say the least. With the Strader show done for, anglers and hunters are looking for a show to find new products and seminars to learn from. When the QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association for those who aren't familiar) came into town a couple years ago, they had much greater attendance than what they expected. I believe that was the first year Strader stopped his show.

I will be out of town for the show this year, but from the marketing I have seen, you're right, they seem to be targeting the anglers and hunters much more as they should. It's nice to come to the show and dream about a new boat or camper, but people aren't looking to buy a new rig every year. They are looking to stock up on fishing and hunting equipment and knowledge. Another good way to increase attendance is to decrease the cost of parking!!!
    The QDMA Show was large because it was a national convention and brought visitors from all across the country.

The state fair board control the parking fee's it has nothing to do with the show and is the same price regardless of the event going on.

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like

What do they do with the $8.00 for parking? The last time I was at the fairgrounds I didn't see any improvements. But it has been awhile since I have been over there though.

Post Thanks / Like

Nor have there been. It is a hole and there are not plans to fix it up either.