Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Louisville Boat and Sportshow

Tim are you driving the boat for the skiing Squirrel ? Hope to see you there.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL No I am not driving the boat, but the squirrel would be more impressive to me if they first had him at Sandy Beach on Rough River drinking beer and playing cornhole before he skis. At least make it more realistic!

Bandit, the fair board does whatever the heck it wants to with the money I guess. Too my knowledge there has been no work done at the fairgrounds since the renovation on the south wing several years back. It is Frankfort, so I am sure they do whatever they want with the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    What do they do with the $8.00 for parking? The last time I was at the fairgrounds I didn't see any improvements. But it has been awhile since I have been over there though.
    Parking fees go to pay the utility bills, electric, etc. - as utilities go up, so does parking. Sometimes if you get there early enough the money booths aren't manned...and by early I mean before 8 a.m. I like to park at the local hotels and just walk over there and save my $8 for a beer, which is about the same price.

The boat show is a complete waste of money. I really don't know why anyone goes to it, especially when it isn't even free.

I saw Mark 10 years ago do that jerkbait seminar...not much of it has changed since then, except his sponsors and he'll be pushing their product now of course. Back then it was YUM! plastics and Smithwick Rogues that he was pushing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Parking fees go to pay the utility bills, electric, etc. - as utilities go up, so does parking. Sometimes if you get there early enough the money booths aren't manned...and by early I mean before 8 a.m. I like to park at the local hotels and just walk over there and save my $8 for a beer, which is about the same price.

The boat show is a complete waste of money. I really don't know why anyone goes to it, especially when it isn't even free.

I saw Mark 10 years ago do that jerkbait seminar...not much of it has changed since then, except his sponsors and he'll be pushing their product now of course. Back then it was YUM! plastics and Smithwick Rogues that he was pushing...
    Like I said above, they are trying to improve it for the sportsmen and women. Just because it wasn't to your liking in the past means it will always s uck? Also, you really think Mark is going to be doing the exact same seminar he did 10 years ago?

Post Thanks / Like

I pay more attention to the techniques than the product. Just because some well know pro says “You Got to Get This” doesn't make me want to " GET" it. Case in point " Roland and his Helicopter Lure..."

I see a boat show as something to do with friends, when it's too cold to fish. I've gone to shows only to return with a sore stomach from laughing so much at the bunch I go with. Gotta Love'em.
    My 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Like I said above, they are trying to improve it for the sportsmen and women. Just because it wasn't to your liking in the past means it will always s uck? Also, you really think Mark is going to be doing the exact same seminar he did 10 years ago?
    Yes, it will always be bad if they keep charging $10 to get in, plus parking.

You wouldn't pay $10 just to go into Bass Pro Shops would you? That's essentially what you are doing.....paying to go into a place where they are trying to sell you something...the idea of it is just stupid....

As for Mark's seminar - it's jerkbait fishing, not rocket science.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a boat show as something to do with friends, when it's too cold to fish. I've gone to shows only to return with a sore stomach from laughing so much at the bunch I go with. Gotta Love'em.
    My 2 cents.

Three of us have been going to the Indy boat show far about six + years 10.00 admission for us old folks 3.00 parking 8.00 beer two hour drive each way we do not buy much we don't watch that many seminars did catch Dave Stewart three four years ago and talked to him after his talk. We also have a sore stomach from rehashing all our past adventures and stupid stuff we have done. We can never wait until it is time to go; the trip is one of our highlights of the winter season. With all this said I don't think we have ever gone that we have not learned something. We could have a blast if we just got in the car and drove up there and back. The show is just an excuse to go on a road trip.

Post Thanks / Like

The costs, I hate it to, but did you pay to go in Sam's??

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it will always be bad if they keep charging $10 to get in, plus parking.

You wouldn't pay $10 just to go into Bass Pro Shops would you? That's essentially what you are doing.....paying to go into a place where they are trying to sell you something...the idea of it is just stupid....

As for Mark's seminar - it's jerkbait fishing, not rocket science.
    you are exactly right. i get so sick of people thinking that these pros are the greatest. mark menedez couldn't beat me or most people on ky lake today. he doesn't even spend any time there. as for the sponsors you are also right. it will be LEWS all the way this year. what happened to pflueger and allstar or whatever rod he was throwing last year? just like Shaw Grigsby who is back with STREN now. for the past few years he said SUFIX was the only line out there. and that goes for most so called pros. it is all a market thing. they're all sell-outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    you are exactly right. i get so sick of people thinking that these pros are the greatest. mark menedez couldn't beat me or most people on ky lake today. he doesn't even spend any time there. as for the sponsors you are also right. it will be LEWS all the way this year. what happened to pflueger and allstar or whatever rod he was throwing last year? just like Shaw Grigsby who is back with STREN now. for the past few years he said SUFIX was the only line out there. and that goes for most so called pros. it is all a market thing. they're all sell-outs.
    Look out folks, Kevin VanDam has graced us with his presence!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    Just like this website-----start off complaining about the boat show and it turns into picking on some good guy who fishes for a living! Mark Menendez is one super good dude! He's a great seminar speaker, **** good fisherman and an all around cool guy. Don't know him real well, but have met and talked several times over the years and he has always been nice!
    As far as being a sell out-----who isn't when it comes to professional sports----that's how most of them get paid. It's called making a living! Times are tough and they have to find a way to make a living too.
    Just think before you post stupid crap!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know much about all the pro's,all the seminars, and all the bickering. All I know is I need as much help as possible. LOL Seriously, I just enjoy going and plan on it every year, just like Bass Pro's Spring sale...I love it. I do wish Picasso Lures would return, I love their top secret scent on their plastics.