Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Central Ky Club ???

I am trying to figure out who all would be interested in creating a new club in Central Ky. We have scales and we are looking for other fishermen to come up with a plan. We are looking for guys who want to be involved in helping decide when and where we want to go fish. We are wanting to create a club that fish's major lakes in the area. We want input on when to fish the lakes that are hot and what time a year they are the best to fish. The goal of this club is to have fun. I don't know about you but if we are fishing the best lakes at the best time of year that sounds like fun to me.
    We are looking at a 8 to 12 tournament schedule with such lakes as
    Taylorsville Lake, Herrington Lake, Green River Lake, Lake Cumberland, Dale Hollow Lake, Barren River Lake, Nolin River Lake, Laurel River Lake, Cave Run Lake, Rough River Lake, Ky River, Classic TBD Maybe something like Guntersville or something.

We where thinking about 40 club fee's 10 for big bass of year pot. 10 for the classic pot and 20 back to the club for expenses.
    50 for the entry fee per boat per Tournament. Broke up with some to classic. Some to big fish. 5 bucks to club

Let us know who all would be interested in this. That way we can move forward with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Central Ky Club ???

Sounds like the club will be making a pretty good percentage of profit and you might have a hard times getting guys to buy into that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Sounds like the club will be making a pretty good percentage of profit and you might have a hard times getting guys to buy into that
    Thanks for the reply and that might be too much. Its a good topic. What is a good amount for club expenses. This is exactly what we want from potential members as we are trying to put together a club where the members are first and get to fish where they want. Everything about this club is up for discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

Well u can look at that two ways. It might be something that the club could make a really good classic with some good payouts. I am in and will do what i can to help. This sounds like something that could be pretty cool. At least this way you know that it is going to be a good trail year in and year out. Also fishing those lakes you could live anywhere from Louisville to e-town to morehead or even south to somerset. Kinda a way to get together and meet new fisherman and women from different parts of the state.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratos19 View Post
    Thanks for the reply and that might be too much. Its a good topic. What is a good amount for club expenses. This is exactly what we want from potential members as we are trying to put together a club where the members are first and get to fish where they want. Everything about this club is up for discussion.
    i probably wont be fishing the tournament so i should just butt out, but im sure the first thing that jumped out at most is what "club expenses" ?
    i dont think anybody would object if they knew EXACTLY where it goes....trophies? plaques? door prizes? end of the year payout for points leader, etc.
    okay i butt out now
    p.s. late april early may is pretty hot on c-land

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stripernut View Post
    i probably wont be fishing the tournament so i should just butt out, but im sure the first thing that jumped out at most is what "club expenses" ?
    i dont think anybody would object if they knew EXACTLY where it goes....trophies? plaques? door prizes? end of the year payout for points leader, etc.
    okay i butt out now
    p.s. late april early may is pretty hot on c-land
    Good point strippernut. I think it would be up for discussion, Would you or would we want to do trophys, Maybe a end of year dinner,
    Door prizes will not be a problem I can line that up with some sponsors I have good relationships with.
    In my first post I was thinking trophys and plaques. We also will have to supplys, We have scales. But a ruler and bags and such.

Post Thanks / Like

That is something that would be very open. If the members wanted to know the clubs balance it would be done 3 ways. 1. Posted on the web site. 2. i could be discussed at the end of each tourney or 3. meeting each month. what do ya think?

Post Thanks / Like

So just a note. If we get this going I have the ability to build the club web site and will do so. What Castin A Jig said. All schedule, Results, Pictures, Club Balances, News and notes. All we need is boats lol

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to hear from more of you on your thoughts. Club dues can be broke up different and may even be too high. Also the classic was just a thought. We can also do a classic right here in Ky.
    We have some interest but still need more. So if you are interested in a club trail please join this discussion and see if we can't work it out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by power286 View Post
    So whats the deal with club expenses? lol sounds like a hoaxs to me What if the member votes on tournaments and such dont go your way guess you just bale out and abandone it huh Think i,ll butt out to stripernut What a shame
    The club expenses where just a though we are not sure how we are going to break them up yet. But be assured that any money to the club will be spent on the club.
    If you are referring to me not joining my old club because I didn't want to fish there schedule and calling it baling out or abandonment it Call it what you want. Why would anyone fish all year long at lakes they didn't want to fish. So either find guys who want to come to a agreement and fish the same lakes you want to fish or find a new club. Don't be butt hurt lol Trying to put down things because of it is just SAD.

Post Thanks / Like

Will this club be affiliated with BASS or FLW?
    I ask as the club will need to be covered by insurance if you have a tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
    Will this club be affiliated with BASS or FLW?
    I ask as the club will need to be covered by insurance if you have a tournament.
    Chris this is something that has been discussed and is still up in the air as how we want to approach it.
    It is my understanding that and correct me if I am wrong on this, But i was told that you can affiliate your club with either of the two you mentioned and not everyone has to join with dues. But the officers of the club had to join for the club to be covered?