Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The good things in life

I was thinking, anytime I turn on the news. it's all about money, what ever they are speaking of has something to do with the price of, or this bank, or credit card, you know what I mean. when in fact the things that burn a spot on your brain to never be removed, are the most simplest things that happen around us each day, and they are free. here are a few things that has a spot in my heart and brain, and it would make good reading if you guys would like to post something good that has made your day from time to time. just small things like....have you ever been standing in line at walmart, and some lady had a small child in front of you. and it started playing peek-a-poo with you from behind it's mom.... or do you remember when your child was small and fell asleep in your arms, and would smile while sleeping....or stopping to speak to an elderly person, and for doing nothing but speaking to them, they in return say. you have made my day.....or walk outside in the early morning, and smell the rain in the air...or come home after being gone all day and watch how your dog acts, to see you home again...or lay beside your wife and watch her face while she is sleeping. money may make your life easier but not necessarily happy. these things that happen around us each day are the things that truly make us happy.
    Last edited by waterdog101; 01-22-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The good things in life

Very true words waterdog...nice post.

The sound of your Mother's voice when you call her up and tell her that you love her for no reason...

The look on your wife's face when she comes through the door carrying the flowers you sent her at work...

Or one I've come to know in the last couple of weeks - A newborn baby that stops crying and nuzzles into your neck after you pick it up from the crib.

Some of life's best stuff, no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh......most def the moments with my daughter. Picking her up when she has fallen, watching her in a school play, hearing i love you daddy, watching her win a race in swimming and on and on...
    Mother nature impresses me with its beauty and power. Fishing in the summer at sunrise and or sunset still makes me smile. Most recent thing that I will never ever forget is watching the sun go down with my daughter while sitting on Waikiki Beach in Hawaii. We talked about some great stuff and just breathed in the beautiful scenery and ocean air.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    Very true words waterdog...nice post.

The sound of your Mother's voice when you call her up and tell her that you love her for no reason...

The look on your wife's face when she comes through the door carrying the flowers you sent her at work...

Or one I've come to know in the last couple of weeks - A newborn baby that stops crying and nuzzles into your neck after you pick it up from the crib.

Some of life's best stuff, no doubt.
    so true, and congrats on the little person. man these are the best times of your life. the little one will be grown and gone from home before you can turn around. if you don't have a camcorder, get one and capture your baby on film as it grows. 30 years from now you will be glad you did. I wish you the best with your child, that's what makes life worth living.

Post Thanks / Like

And how could I forget...

The sound of a buzz bait gurgling across the water at sunrise, cutting through weeds and steam on the water, and getting destroyed by a 5 pounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I was thinking, anytime I turn on the news. it's all about money, what ever they are speaking of has something to do with the price of, or this bank, or credit card, you know what I mean. when in fact the things that burn a spot on your brain to never be removed, are the most simplest things that happen around us each day, and they are free. here are a few things that has a spot in my heart and brain, and it would make good reading if you guys would like to post something good that has made your day from time to time. just small things like....have you ever been standing in line at walmart, and some lady had a small child in front of you. and it started playing peek-a-poo with you from behind it's mom.... or do you remember when your child was small and fell asleep in your arms, and would smile while sleeping....or stopping to speak to an elderly person, and for doing nothing but speaking to them, they in return say. you have made my day.....or walk outside in the early morning, and smell the rain in the air...or come home after being gone all day and watch how your dog acts, to see you home again...or lay beside your wife and watch her face while she is sleeping. money may make your life easier but not necessarily happy. these things that happen around us each day are the things that truly make us happy.
    Excellent post with a great message.

Helping my daughter set up her lemonade stand so she could make money to send to her school pen pal in Africa...When she says the blessing before every meal...Seeing how happy it makes her when she 'beats' me at Scrabble...Telliing her I love her 15 times before she gets to bed, and 10 times after that.

Having my wife call me in the middle of a busy day because she heard there was an accident on my route to work just to make sure I wasn't in it.

When the drag on my reel is singing while a big brown Dale Hollow bruiser stretches my string...Seeing a big wake come up behind the Sammy I'm dog walking along a bush line.

Post Thanks / Like

A single ray of 'Son'shine breaking through the clouds and landing smack on your truck hood, after a dismal day and asking the question: "Lord, where are you when it seems I need you most?"

Post Thanks / Like

An early morning cup of hot coffee while sitting on the lake as I watch the sun appear to be squinting as it creeps up over the mountain, looking at its reflection in the shiny, mirror-like water. The sound of bass breaking the calm water as they jump for baitfish and then splash and disappear. The quiet time I have sitting there meditating on God's goodness and blessings to me as I look at His magnificant creations.

The terrific jolt of happiness that surges through my very soul as I feel the warm hands of my husband touching my arms, lifting me to my feet. A slight tug as he turns me around to wrap both arms around me, hugging me in a warm embrace, gentle lips that kiss me and the words, "Good morning, my Sunshine. You light up my life with your love."

All the money in the world cannot buy one second of those special times that are mine and mine alone.