Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where will Peyton Manning go??

Hmmmmm getting interesting. I can't believe he would be asked to return with his health issues. He has plenty of ability but I doubt he will play again. JMO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where will Peyton Manning go??

I'd like to see him retire. He's made a fortune and should go enjoy it, rather than trying to keep hanging on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I'd like to see him retire. He's made a fortune and should go enjoy it, rather than trying to keep hanging on.
    Agreed. This man has played like a champion for years and has a great mind for the game. I hope he retires and moves onto greater things, maybe coaching, broadcasting?. The risk of getting sacked and hurt again wouldn't be worth it to me.
    I would like to see him walk away from the game instead of being chased out or wheeled out on a stretcher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I would like to see him walk away from the game instead of being chased out or wheeled out on a stretcher.
    The same could be said about Mark Martin in NASCAR...

Post Thanks / Like

No way the Colts pay him the $28 Million dollar bonus, even though he has earned every single cent of it and then some. People talk about loyalty of players to teams here is a case where the team is showing no loyalty. MVP of the NFL this year was Peyton Manning because the Colts win 9 or 10 games thus year because they have won at least 10 games for several years in a row. I think he will go to the New York Jets. The Jets are a quarterback away from being a contender and Mark Sanchez is not the answer. The Giants in the Super Bowl adds more pressure on the Jets to keep up. Talk about owning the city of New York, put both Mannings at QB of the Jets and Giants and watch out. This will give Sanchez about 3 years holding a clipboard and learning from Master Peyton before Peyton retires and then Sanchez will have 6-7 years left

Post Thanks / Like

I wish he would retire rather than taking a chance on a more serious, possibly permanent injury. My gut feeling is that he will want to play again, to prove that he still has it.

There is no loyalty from either side in professional sports, it is plainly and simply a business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    The same could be said about Mark Martin in NASCAR...
    Ahhhh so true! The old man has lost his nerve.....he still has more than some drivers but not as much as these young guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I wish he would retire rather than taking a chance on a more serious, possibly permanent injury. My gut feeling is that he will want to play again, to prove that he still has it.

There is no loyalty from either side in professional sports, it is plainly and simply a business.
    I would say that he loves the game enough to risk it, injury I mean. Your last sentence is sooo true. If they thought they could make a dollar or lose one will determine who wants him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    No way the Colts pay him the $28 Million dollar bonus, even though he has earned every single cent of it and then some. People talk about loyalty of players to teams here is a case where the team is showing no loyalty. MVP of the NFL this year was Peyton Manning because the Colts win 9 or 10 games thus year because they have won at least 10 games for several years in a row. I think he will go to the New York Jets. The Jets are a quarterback away from being a contender and Mark Sanchez is not the answer. The Giants in the Super Bowl adds more pressure on the Jets to keep up. Talk about owning the city of New York, put both Mannings at QB of the Jets and Giants and watch out. This will give Sanchez about 3 years holding a clipboard and learning from Master Peyton before Peyton retires and then Sanchez will have 6-7 years left
    Netboy I think you have missed out on some news coming from Indy. Irsay has said that if Manning is healthy, and can play, that they will bring him back. Manning even said (several weeks ago) that he would delay getting his bonus until he knew if he could play or not. Now, it all may not turn out that way....but to this point the Colts have been nothing but loyal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    Netboy I think you have missed out on some news coming from Indy. Irsay has said that if Manning is healthy, and can play, that they will bring him back. Manning even said (several weeks ago) that he would delay getting his bonus until he knew if he could play or not. Now, it all may not turn out that way....but to this point the Colts have been nothing but loyal.
    I thought a Bonus was based on what you have done, not what you might do. 10 win season year after year, Super Bowl victory, staple in the playoffs and MILLIONS of fans and dollars plus the big fancy dome is all due to Manning. Whether he is healthy or not, the Colts should have already paid him the money after a 2-14 season. With the dollars that are thrown around in professional sports $28 Million for what Manning means to the Colts is a drop in the bucket. Prince Fielder gets $214 Million over 9 years, Tim Lincecum gets $40 Million over 2 years - yes these are baseball contracts but they just happened yesterday to show how much money is in sports. Lincecum pitches every 5 days or around 33 starts a year. $20 Million for 33 starts is over $650,000 per start and he is not getting hit by 300 lb defensive lineman. Peyton has already earned the Bonus and the Colts should have already written the check
    Last edited by Netboy Extraordinaire; 01-25-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope he goes to the Dolphins!!

Actually I hope the Dolphins get a good quarterback period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    I thought a Bonus was based on what you have done, not what you might do. 10 win season year after year, Super Bowl victory, staple in the playoffs and MILLIONS of fans and dollars plus the big fancy dome is all due to Manning. Whether he is healthy or not, the Colts should have already paid him the money after a 2-14 season. With the dollars that are thrown around in professional sports $28 Million for what Manning means to the Colts is a drop in the bucket. Prince Fielder gets $214 Million over 9 years, Tim Lincecum gets $40 Million over 2 years - yes these are baseball contracts but they just happened yesterday to show how much money is in sports. Lincecum pitches every 5 days or around 33 starts a year. $20 Million for 33 starts is over $650,000 per start and he is not getting hit by 300 lb defensive lineman. Peyton has already earned the Bonus and the Colts should have already written the check
    i agree with some of what you are saying. However, Manning is the one who came out and offered to delay the bonus before that was due to him....not the Colts holding off on it. They couldn't do that, it is a contractual agreement. I think he has earned the money too. Now, if they cut him and don't give him the money (part of the deal also) I will totally agree with you!