Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

What's happening below wolf creek dam?

Was wondering if any walley's were being caught below the dam at C-land. I'm needing to relieve a little cabin fever.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's happening below wolf creek dam?

Just came back from there. Fished from the bank and caught a few skip jacks but nothing else. several boats out ther. the guys that pulled out while I was there said that they caught several small saugers, but nothing to brag about. they were running three gens. but turned on more as I was leaving. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like it's hit or miss everyday!! But That's fishing lol

Post Thanks / Like

Been on my mind also. Noticed they cut the flow down to around 4,000 few days ago yet opened it back up. Not fond of the 20,000 but give me 15,000 or less and I'm a going!

Post Thanks / Like

fished below the dam tuesday in the rain :
    0 sauger
    0 walleye
    0 stripers
    we kept 19 rainbows, caught several more rainbows and browns.
    nothing over 15 inches, they mustve stocked a bunch
    water started dropping and everything shut off in a hurry, no bites at all after the water dropped.

green/white and pink/purple punisher hair jig tipped with minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like with the lower flow it's not as good. Yall know what the water temp was at the dam thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "The Man" View Post
    Sounds like with the lower flow it's not as good. Yall know what the water temp was at the dam thanks!
    The lower flow can be very good. Never have I thought fishin falling waters were good. Give it a day or so to settle down and the CR can be a very productive river. Although I'll cover 10 to 15 miles of river while I'm down there. The rising waters of days gone by were the best times to fish. Yet It'll be awhile before the CR returns to normal. Find the current in the lower flows and you'll find the fish. I might add that I target the trout when I'm on the CR. Walleyes are just an added bonus. Find the deeper holes during the lower flows. That's what I've learned from fishin down there since the 80's. You'll never fish the same river twice. Rivers are forever changing. You just have to adapt. Low flow can be very good fishing. And it will vary with your style of fishin. I beat the banks try not to stay in one place to long. 100% water only 10% has fish. At least that's what my dad always and he grew up on the CR before it was a lake. He also said that dam will never work and look at the extensive repairs that are being done to it. This isn't the first time it's under gone repairs. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    The lower flow can be very good. Never have I thought fishin falling waters were good. Give it a day or so to settle down and the CR can be a very productive river. Although I'll cover 10 to 15 miles of river while I'm down there. The rising waters of days gone by were the best times to fish. Yet It'll be awhile before the CR returns to normal. Find the current in the lower flows and you'll find the fish. I might add that I target the trout when I'm on the CR. Walleyes are just an added bonus. Find the deeper holes during the lower flows. That's what I've learned from fishin down there since the 80's. You'll never fish the same river twice. Rivers are forever changing. You just have to adapt. Low flow can be very good fishing. And it will vary with your style of fishin. I beat the banks try not to stay in one place to long. 100% water only 10% has fish. At least that's what my dad always and he grew up on the CR before it was a lake. He also said that dam will never work and look at the extensive repairs that are being done to it. This isn't the first time it's under gone repairs. Just my opinion. Good luck.
    X2

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info guys.