Search Fishin.com

Thread: Boat Show

Post Thanks / Like

Boat Show

I went with the family to the boat show. I was by the fish tank and I see this thing that looked just like the Lockness Monster walking my way. I could not figure out what it was for the life of me. I didn't know if I should throw it back in the tank or shoot it.

Then I noticed it was chewin' tobacco and realized it was our own TimT. First time I have ever met him in person nice guy but, thank GOD his grandson does not look a think like him lol. Very nice young man!

Tim nice to finial meet ya.

By the way it was not worth the price of admission. I would like to see some of the seminars but that was next to impossible with a 4 year old runnin' wild.

She had a good time going in all of the boats and RVs. She said she wanted to go camping this year but, wanted stay in a tent. She was very excited when I told her we would camp at a lake and Daddy would take his boat and we would fish and ride around the lake all day.

That girl maybe the prissiest little redneck around.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Show

If you think Tim is ugly,wait till you meet me and onemorecast. I can almost challenge Tim for the big ugly head contest.

Little children were running and screaming for their mommas when they saw all three of us together down at Dale Hollow last spring. "Momma, there's big ugly monsters up by those cabins."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    I went with the family to the boat show. I was by the fish tank and I see this thing that looked just like the Lockness Monster walking my way. I could not figure out what it was for the life of me. I didn't know if I should throw it back in the tank or shoot it.

Then I noticed it was chewin' tobacco and realized it was our own TimT. First time I have ever met him in person nice guy but, thank GOD his grandson does not look a think like him lol. Very nice young man!

Tim nice to finial meet ya.

By the way it was not worth the price of admission. I would like to see some of the seminars but that was next to impossible with a 4 year old runnin' wild.

She had a good time going in all of the boats and RVs. She said she wanted to go camping this year but, wanted stay in a tent. She was very excited when I told her we would camp at a lake and Daddy would take his boat and we would fish and ride around the lake all day.

That girl maybe the prissiest little redneck around.
    Sounds like she has you wrapped around her finger already...I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    If you think Tim is ugly,wait till you meet me and onemorecast. I can almost challenge Tim for the big ugly head contest.

Little children were running and screaming for their mommas when they saw all three of us together down at Dale Hollow last spring. "Momma, there's big ugly monsters up by those cabins."
    LOL....Tyme...I heard they were screaming two ugly man monsters and a ugly woman monster! Did Doug have his shirt off or something?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Sounds like she has you wrapped around her finger already...I love it!
    Yes she does.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...$10.00 dollars per head was pretty steep. But if you think that's steep ask the vendors what they get charged for the four day event. The only reasons I went was to stop by and see the booths set up by Randall Gibson and also Kentucky Outdoors Magazine. Other than that...I didn't have much of a reason to go. Picked up my 2012 license while I was there. I'm not in the market but the only boats I even halfway seriously checked out were the G3's...I sure wouldn't mind having one of those...but I already have two boats that I don't use enough as it stands now

I don't like it being a four day event...I liked it better when it ran for two weekends. Now that it's been cut down to four days it feels to me like no matter when I go it will be packed, as was the case today.

Tim's looks are wearing on me...he doesn't seem to have the shock factor to me that he used to have...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

It was not very crouded last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang fellas. I can feel the love!

It was good to finally put a face to a name Ryan (granted, it would have been nicer if it were a better face, but I digress).

I think the show has shown a large improvement over recent years and hopefully this is just a step in the right direction. Several booths selling tackle this year which has been missing in recent years.

Crowds were really good yesterday, even during the UK game, but died off last night around 6 p.m. Don't know if it picked back up or not because I left at 7.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way it was not worth the price of admission.
    That's a real shocker there....

The National Farm Machinery Show is free....more fun than the boat show, and yet I don't even farm.

http://www.farmmachineryshow.org/

Always a hit with the kids too...they love climbing on those big combines, myself included!

Can't wait!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    The National Farm Machinery Show is free....more fun than the boat show, and yet I don't even farm.
    The only thing I'd like to see at the Farm Show is the tractor pull...and there ain't nothing free about that aspect of it.

Do they have any antique tractors in the show anywhere? If so that would be cool to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see at the Farm Show is the tractor pull...and there ain't nothing free about that aspect of it.

Do they have any antique tractors in the show anywhere? If so that would be cool to see.
    Usually there is a guy set up with about 30 or 40 that he's restored. I can't remember if he was trying to sell them, or just trying to get some more business.