Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the important things

I am going to word this a bit different being my original post got moved. Myself and a friend are thinking about trying to start a new club in central ky.
    We are trying to make it a fisherman's first club. More info on cost and such was moved to the Ky Tournament board.
    If you where going to start a club what would be the most important thing to you to would want to implement? This is a Discussion Topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the important things

lakes to be fished.
    time of year to fish them (you want to go when the gettins good)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Castin_A_Jig View Post
    lakes to be fished.
    time of year to fish them (you want to go when the gettins good)
    Exactly!!

Where would you want to fish lets say April and may?

Post Thanks / Like

As one of the "founder" of the club, you and your buddies need to decide in the beginning the direction you want the club to go. This will determine a lot. A fishing club or tournament trail is not really something that can just go with the flow. The first couple of years will determine everything.

Is it just going to be a good ole boy club where everyone just fun fishes and kind of whatever goes.

Do you want to build up a strong club with good numbers and is very structured with a balance of fun and competition.

Or will it be a mainly competative club.

I think this is just as important as the lakes the you fish. There is a place for all these clubs but you have to know what you want and the direction you want to take it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What is the important things

well I must say that was a good point. To me i would want to build up a strong club with good numbers and is very structured with a balance of fun and competition. pastor thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good point pastor. I think you need a good balance of both. Competiton is great but if you are not having any fun doing it. Whats the point.
    I don't want a anything go's club. But I don't want a club where a couple guys decide everyone's fate either. I want everyone to have a voice and not be afraid to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Having fished with a couple clubs/tournament trails here and watching how other clubs/trails operate in other areas of the country I will advise this: whatever you adopt as your bylaws/rules, ADHERE to them at all costs. Also - if at all possible, keep money out of the picture and put FISHING and CAMARADERIE as the focus of your club. You may not get the huge numbers, but you'll enjoy the time and energy you put into the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Where would this club be located in central Ky. ??? We used to have a very good club, but everyone had pretty busy lifestyles & we kind of just let it go. We also had boater & non boater dras tournaments only. Had some good sticks & never had a problem, but our bylaws were setup as fair as possible & followed to the letter. We had some really good guys. It was a KBF federated team for the insurance & the ability to send a 6 man team to the state championship. I kept points for all tournaments & made them available to every member at every meeting. Honestly had some very good guys that were very competitive & enjoyed the comaderie & never had a problem period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Where would this club be located in central Ky. ??? We used to have a very good club, but everyone had pretty busy lifestyles & we kind of just let it go. We also had boater & non boater dras tournaments only. Had some good sticks & never had a problem, but our bylaws were setup as fair as possible & followed to the letter. We had some really good guys. It was a KBF federated team for the insurance & the ability to send a 6 man team to the state championship. I kept points for all tournaments & made them available to every member at every meeting. Honestly had some very good guys that were very competitive & enjoyed the comaderie & never had a problem period.
    As far a location. I am located in the north around Frankfort. My partner is in Georgetown. But if we get members from farther south we would have to set up a meeting place in a central location

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    Having fished with a couple clubs/tournament trails here and watching how other clubs/trails operate in other areas of the country I will advise this: whatever you adopt as your bylaws/rules, ADHERE to them at all costs. Also - if at all possible, keep money out of the picture and put FISHING and CAMARADERIE as the focus of your club. You may not get the huge numbers, but you'll enjoy the time and energy you put into the club.
    I agree about the laws. I would like to have a meeting with everyone and go over what we need and what we don't and make it LAW.
    I also agree on making it about Fishing and Friendship first.

Post Thanks / Like

Pass the word

Its looking pretty good got around 8-9 boats so far guys. Would really like to have around 15. so we could really make it work well. The faster we can get a good number of boats that quicker we can all meet up and get a trail together as a club. and come up with what we all like and meet in the middle. pass the word it is something that is going to be fair, good friendship, and great fishing cause we are going to try to set up the lakes when the fish are biting.

Would like to get a trail out by March 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pass the word

Its looking pretty good got around 8-9 boats so far guys. Would really like to have around 15. so we could really make it work well. The faster we can get a good number of boats that quicker we can all meet up and get a trail together as a club. and come up with what we all like and meet in the middle. pass the word it is something that is going to be fair, good friendship, and great fishing cause we are going to try to set up the lakes when the fish are biting.

Would like to get a trail out by March 1.[/QUOTE]

Let me know a schedule Mike I will fish as many as I can with you guys