Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville Bass Tournaments

Taylorsville Bass Tournaments open Friday night tournament from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm has been changed to a closed tournament. It is now the 3 Keeper Club.

You must be a member to fish. If you qualified for the 2011 Classic you automatically qualify to become a member. If you wish to apply to become a member you must have two members, other than your partner, sign your application and be turned in prior to fishing the first tournament.

If you would like a copy of the Application and 2012 Rules or if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jimvernon@bellsouth.net or you can call me at 502-477-1441.

Taylorsville Lake – State Park Possum Ridge Ramp
    Sign in is
    5:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Settlers Trace Lakeside
    Tournament Time is
    6:30 pm to 10:30 pm every Friday night, May 11th thru September 7th
    Classic is Saturday, September 15th 7:00 am to 1:00 pm

Good luck, good fishin, hope to see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville Bass Tournaments

If you don't mind me asking, what were the deciding factors that led to this becoming a closed tournament? If I recall the tournament was getting a really good turn out last year. Also I have several buddies that like to fish this with me. So does that mean I need to get all of them accepted before the first tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

pm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassaddict View Post
    Taylorsville Bass Tournaments open Friday night tournament from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm has been changed to a closed tournament. It is now the 3 Keeper Club.

You must be a member to fish. If you qualified for the 2011 Classic you automatically qualify to become a member. If you wish to apply to become a member you must have two members, other than your partner, sign your application and be turned in prior to fishing the first tournament.

If you would like a copy of the Application and 2012 Rules or if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jimvernon@bellsouth.net or you can call me at 502-477-1441.

Taylorsville Lake – State Park Possum Ridge Ramp
    Sign in is 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Settlers Trace Lakeside
    Tournament Time is 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm every Friday night, May 11th thru September 7th
    Classic is Saturday, September 15th 7:00 am to 1:00 pm

Good luck, good fishin, hope to see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!
    lost me ?????????

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to share the reasons for the changes? I know you have your reasons, but I'm sure alot of people would like to know. Hope to still get to fish it this year...
    Last edited by Flatbottom Bass Assassin; 02-01-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i also thought about fishing some again this year but don't know 2 people in club?

Post Thanks / Like

Guys you cant ask for much more than a man giving you his phone number , if your really interested in fishing the tourney call him I am sure Jim can answer all your questions. I am not trying to shake on Jims end of the stick but I believe one of the main reasons for making it a closed tournament was that it was getting a little bigger than they ever wanted it to be , Jim is a stand up guy who runs an excellent tournament . Jims # 1 502 477 1441

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Jim is a great guy. Runs a hell of a Tournament. From where I was sitting the tournament was getting way to big from what he originally started. belive it or not when you have hundreds of different guys fishing. It becomes more work then it does fun. I don't blame him a bit for reeling it back a bit. Good luck Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,
    I agree with your decision on this. It is getting a little bigger than expected and it was a little more difficult to control the more folks that came to fish. Also there was an incident last year where an angler had questioned Jon Boatright on why he was always in the money. Jon is always in the money because he is a good fisherman,m and spends a lot of time ont he water. However I believe he was questioned as if he was cheating. Anyone who knows him knows better. I think the club is a good idea because 99% of the folks that will fish it know most of the other anglers, maybe not personally however enough to know they are not cheaters. My 2 cents worth, thanks for running a great tournament! Marty