Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Richie Farmer filed for unemployment after his ag commissioner term ended

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richie Farmer filed for unemployment after his ag commissioner term ended

He is a SACK of garbage..........But hey THAT is how most politicians act. THIS is why all of us need to be SERIOUS about who we elect, and hold them accountable.

Post Thanks / Like

hey coach, is Reechie gonna start tonight?

Seriously, if Richie Farmer can't get a job in the state of Kentucky, the rest of us don't have a prayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I agree he is a sack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    hey coach, is Reechie gonna start tonight?

Seriously, if Richie Farmer can't get a job in the state of Kentucky, the rest of us don't have a prayer.
    ^This.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh he most likly draws the max and thats more than what he would make like a working stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher, but on the other hand. that's what unemployment is for, he worked and payed it in, he couldn't get it any other way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if holding a political office is considered as being a job in the first place, is it? Can politicians who resign, get caught or just don't get re-elected draw unemployment?

There oughta be a law, lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher, but on the other hand. that's what unemployment is for, he worked and payed it in, he couldn't get it any other way.
    First, the employer is the one that pays, not the worker. Secondly, politicians are ineligible, a fact that you think should have been known by the Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    First, the employer is the one that pays, not the worker. Secondly, politicians are ineligible, a fact that you think should have been known by the Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner.
    Yep! Shows the level of incompetence from this turd!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I think you are wrong here. Employers are the ones that pay the unemployment insurance premiums. So he did not pay into the fund.

His employer did pay into the fund because they have many employees that are elligable for benifits should they be laid off. Elected officials are, however, not elligable for unemployment benifits under the regulations. An employers insurance rate is partially based on the number of claims against the employer.

So I don't know if he was trying to slip one by or he was just ignorant of the rules. Either way it don't look good. Was he trying to cheat, or just plain stupid? Then you have the basic ethical questions. Here you have a person that has opposed government assistance programs and complained about taxes on businesses. Then he appears to be the first one in line for government assistance and taxing employers in the way of higher unemployment insurance costs.

We may have dodged a bullit in the last election.

Post Thanks / Like

Then we have the really sad part. He did not get laid off or fired, he quit to run for Lt. Gov.!!!

If he would have ran for another term as AG. COM. he would have been reelected by a landslide.