Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin River Lake

Anybody know if it is a complete mudhole or not? I am itching to get out, maybe down by the dam. I don't know, probably a waste of gas.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin River Lake

Don't know if you went today or talking about tomorrow. I'm going tomorrow no matter what. It can't be that bad toward the dam. It's going to rain like crazy but heck, that's what gortex is for. Rather be fishin than sittin in the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Don't know if you went today or talking about tomorrow. I'm going tomorrow no matter what. It can't be that bad toward the dam. It's going to rain like crazy but heck, that's what gortex is for. Rather be fishin than sittin in the house.
    Why don't you let me know what it looks like, I am going tomorrow with my dad, he had to work today. I have been cooped up for two weeks, I am definately going tomorrow. I figure I'll just have to use some big thumping spinnerbaits or rattling crankbaits.

Post Thanks / Like

Mainly fished Red Rock area from about 830 - 200. Fish are scattered. Couldn't get anything on fast moving baits. Caught three fish on a black and blue jig and pig with a rattle. One slot, one 2-5, and one 5-10. It looked like a 7. Only had 8 or 10 bites all day. About 8 inch visability where I was. 2 fish were on secondary points and one on a main point. Good luck tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I was around the dam area, and fished from 12 to about 5. I should have had 4 fish but ended up with 3. I got mine on a red lipless crankbait on main lake. One keeper and two slots.

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the original question...I drove across the dam this afternoon and yep, looked pretty muddy. I guess if it's that muddy at the dam, it only gets worse up the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Mainly fished Red Rock area from about 830 - 200. Fish are scattered. Couldn't get anything on fast moving baits. Caught three fish on a black and blue jig and pig with a rattle. One slot, one 2-5, and one 5-10. It looked like a 7. Only had 8 or 10 bites all day. About 8 inch visability where I was. 2 fish were on secondary points and one on a main point. Good luck tomorrow.
    Nice! Haven't had one over 5 outta there since 2 Februarys ago.

Post Thanks / Like

JTM:
    What type of trailer were you using on your jig? During colder months I have prefererred the Uncle Josh pork and warmer months use plastic trailers, just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a Paca chunk in black/blue. In warmer situations I must admit I am in love with the RAGE CRAW. Stupid crazy action on those pincers. Use it as a trailer and sometimes just straight up texas rigged. A little on the expensive side and IMHO don't hold up well. The point where the pincers meet the body are really thin, but that helps give it the action. I think the payoff is worth it, some may not.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been up there this week. I will be in that area this weekend and thought about stopping in and fishing for a few hours. I know it is suppose to get cooler this weekend so I don't know if it would be worth stopping in or not