Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ENTIRE staff at California school replaced.....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/07...#ixzz1lflnDuZB

WOW.

TWO Teachers have been charged with misconduct, so 120 people are replaced?? The first statements in the story are that we don't "care" about the budget, this is not a budget issue, it is a SAFETY issue.

WTF....you don't CARE that you're paying 80 teachers and 40 support staff AND paying their replacements.

SURELY there is a better way.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ENTIRE staff at California school replaced.....

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/07...#ixzz1lflnDuZB

WOW.

TWO Teachers have been charged with misconduct, so 120 people are replaced?? The first statements in the story are that we don't "care" about the budget, this is not a budget issue, it is a SAFETY issue.

WTF....you don't CARE that you're paying 80 teachers and 40 support staff AND paying their replacements.

SURELY there is a better way.
    Take out the quotes around "care," because nowhere in the article is that word used. And nowhere does he say that he "doesn't care" about ANYTHING, those are words YOU have put in his mouth (you are REALLY good at that!). Here's what the guy DOES say: "The last thing I'm worried about is a budget issue. The No. 1 thing I'm worried about is the students." Sounds to me like he's got his priorities straight.

Is this the only news you've read on this event? Are you passing judgement on how the administrators are doing their job based just on that? Go ahead and play armchair quarterback if you want, but me, I'll assume they have their reasons. I'm thinking there's a very good chance that if there was such a pattern of abuse over such a long period of time, perhaps other staff members were in on it, and they're just trying to make sure it stops here and now. They may even have information implicating others. If such information exists, I doubt it would be made public at this time.

Put yourself in the place of one of those parents, knowing these horrendous things have been going on for years, and not knowing who all is involved. I won't presume to speak for you, but I for one would approve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Take out the quotes around "care," because nowhere in the article is that word used. And nowhere does he say that he "doesn't care" about ANYTHING, those are words YOU have put in his mouth (you are REALLY good at that!). Here's what the guy DOES say: "The last thing I'm worried about is a budget issue. The No. 1 thing I'm worried about is the students." Sounds to me like he's got his priorities straight.

Is this the only news you've read on this event? Are you passing judgement on how the administrators are doing their job based just on that? Go ahead and play armchair quarterback if you want, but me, I'll assume they have their reasons. I'm thinking there's a very good chance that if there was such a pattern of abuse over such a long period of time, perhaps other staff members were in on it, and they're just trying to make sure it stops here and now. They may even have information implicating others. If such information exists, I doubt it would be made public at this time.

Put yourself in the place of one of those parents, knowing these horrendous things have been going on for years, and not knowing who all is involved. I won't presume to speak for you, but I for one would approve.
    I find it interesting that in a state where MONEY is no object, they choose to keep 80 teachers and 40 staff members on the payroll AND replace them.

SEEMS like a waste of money.

If they have actionable evidence against others, then ACT on it. This is a Knee Jerk reaction.

WHAT I'd be way more concerned about is the fact that IF there are more than the 2 predators at this school WHO THE HELL hired them......WHO THE HELL protected them. WHO THE HELL is responsible.

This reminds me of the POWER of teacher unions.........remember the RUBBER ROOMS in NY.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...kAS9OKOVaTtWMK

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Geo, I know this is not your intent, but in your comments it seems that you are worried more about a budget than the safety of the kids. Think about that for a minute and forget the money issue for the time being. I think what the guy said was that he was more concerned about the actual kids then he was about the budget. Sounds like to me he is looking out for the kids, money be damned!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I didn't mean to come off that way.

I bet this will end up generating a BUNCH of lawsuits from the teachers who are on temp leave.........JUST the stigma of being lumped in with a bunch of child molesters is enough to be kept from being hired in the future.

Like I said, it sounds like a KNEE JERK reaction.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

I understand their caution since LA is kinda known for over the top reactions. Anything less than freakout mode would be taken as not caring for the children which is bullcrap. What administration wouldn't care for the kids?? Especially this day in age when legal actions are a way to prosperity for some....they have to side on building their case from the start. Man if they are found guilty they should be executed!

On a side note....The LA area school boards are known in my line of work as over the top money spending fanatics. The rules they have in place are out of control and the cost is way more than other school districts. The budgets they push are not sustainable and it shows.

I have met many business owners who are system integrators like us and they have horror stories on what kinda specs are put out there for people to bid. Cali is almost like another country with their demands anyway.
    Last edited by DJD; 02-07-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of the POWER of teacher unions.........remember the RUBBER ROOMS in NY

Yet once again the anti-union sentiment comes up. Geo did a couple union thugs thump you or refuse to hire you cause you were not in the union? cause you got a bad case of the hates man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    This reminds me of the POWER of teacher unions.........remember the RUBBER ROOMS in NY

Yet once again the anti-union sentiment comes up. Geo did a couple union thugs thump you or refuse to hire you cause you were not in the union? cause you got a bad case of the hates man
    Did you even read the linked article........It talks about a POMPOUS teacher who was removed from the classroom for being a perv......10 years ago, but since he's tenured, he cannot be fired. Wonderful usage of tax money right?

Who do you suppose negotiated the contract.....UNIONS.
    Who do you suppose provided legal aid for the perv...........UNIONS.
    Who do you suppose negotiated the tenure rules.........UNIONS.

So yea...........In this case, as in most cases.......I hate unions......VERY, VERY MUCH.

And for the record, every time I've had an opportunity to work union, I RAN as quickly as I could. And believe me, where I grew up location wise, I was destined to be union. Parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, cousins. ALL UNION.

Fortunately, I worked HARD, got edumacated, learned a very marketable skillset, and leveraged myself into a profession where I will ALWAYS be employed.

NO NEED now..........no need in the future for a **** union.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Yea, I didn't mean to come off that way.

I bet this will end up generating a BUNCH of lawsuits from the teachers who are on temp leave.........JUST the stigma of being lumped in with a bunch of child molesters is enough to be kept from being hired in the future.

Like I said, it sounds like a KNEE JERK reaction.

Later,

Geo
    I know you didn't mean it the way it sounded. I agree it seems like a knee jerk reaction and a little common sense could have come into play, but I am sure at the time this guy was not exactly teeming with common sense and probably erred on the side of caution.

Post Thanks / Like

In reality folks, teachers unions do not have that much power. And GEO, you have a misconception about the abilty to fire tenured teachers. In any teacher contract there are MANY outlined actions or inactions that are cause for termination. That being said, what these two guys have done deserves the worst punishment possible....think what will happen to them in prison! Also, from what I just saw on the national news the other teachers were transferred, not let go or fired.

Post Thanks / Like

Sex offenders like these 2 teachers dont develop overnight. These current victims are not the first. Now we will see hundreds of children come forth that were victimized by these teachers and others.The victims may now be in high school or college or working but this isnt over by a low shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gills View Post
    Sex offenders like these 2 teachers dont develop overnight. These current victims are not the first. Now we will see hundreds of children come forth that were victimized by these teachers and others.The victims may now be in high school or college or working but this isnt over by a low shot.
    You are RIGHT...........

But everyone MISSED my point.

Every teacher and EVERY worker in this school is being treated LIKE a sex offender. EVERYONE. They removed every teacher, they removed every worker, and then they "interviewed" each teacher or worker.

I find it amazing how many folks give bad behavior a "pass". While the predators in this school are COMPLETELY horrible, and should be thrown in a cage with hungry lions, it does NOT offset the bad behavior of the gubment.

The VERY SAME GUBMENT that says that profiling for arab bombers is bad. I don't get it. WHAT civil liberties are OK to violate, and WHAT liberties are not?

How would you feel if you had taught or worked at this school for 30 years, only to be treated like a common pedophile??

Later,

Geo