Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Grant, Head Coach Alabama, Class Act

Here Alabama is playing for their NCAA Tourney life and they have 4 starters that Coach Grant has suspended indefinitely. 1 starter was suspended Tuesday and the other 3 were suspended this morning. Alabama is playing at LSU tonight and not only did Grant suspend the 3 this morning, he put them in a car with a Graduate Assistant driving them back to Tuscaloosa. He said he did not want them anywhere near his program. The 4 he suspended were averaging a combined 57 points per game and his starting 5 tonight was averaging 21 ppg. That is the kind of coach I want my son playing for. He said the "Character" of his program was more important than any title or tourney birth

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anthony Grant, Head Coach Alabama, Class Act

What were they suspended for or has it not come out yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigrod View Post
    What were they suspended for or has it not come out yet?
    Violating team rules is all that was reported. But it must have been more than a simple curfew violation to put them in a car and send them home from Baton Rouge telling them he did not want them around his team. Indefinite suspension sure sounds like more than just this game.

Post Thanks / Like

Coaching with Class and Character. He learned some great lessons playing for Don Donoher at Dayton.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant said"Talent is a gift but Character is a choice". All I know is these 4 must have messed up pretty bad and I wonder how long Indefinately will be? Bama has Florida coming to town Tuesday night. My guess is the same 4 will miss that game as well. Sad part is they played Kentucky tough in Rupp and had a real shot at making the tourney, but not now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    Here Alabama is playing for their NCAA Tourney life and they have 4 starters that Coach Grant has suspended indefinitely. 1 starter was suspended Tuesday and the other 3 were suspended this morning. Alabama is playing at LSU tonight and not only did Grant suspend the 3 this morning, he put them in a car with a Graduate Assistant driving them back to Tuscaloosa. He said he did not want them anywhere near his program. The 4 he suspended were averaging a combined 57 points per game and his starting 5 tonight was averaging 21 ppg. That is the kind of coach I want my son playing for. He said the "Character" of his program was more important than any title or tourney birth
    I agree what a class act. he said talent is a gift character is a choice.