Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Revo S will NOT engage spool

So stupid me decided to take my revo apart, mostly out of curiousity. I planned on cleaning it soon but I didn't have any oil or grease on hand so I just wanted to take it apart and look at what I would be dealing with. I took the side plate off and remove the spool. Then I flipped it over and removed the reel handle, drag star, and the magnetic brake knob. Since I located the bearings I would lubricating, I decided to put everything together again. I know I have put everything together just as I took it apart. Now the thumb bar is depressed and will not engage the spool when the handle is turned and the handle does not turn easily. Somebody please tell me that I didn't just trash my reel because I was bored.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revo S will NOT engage spool

Mine did that also. I just took it back apart and engaged it manually(you can see how it engages).. I used a flat screwdriver to engage it..now with it engaged, I put it back together and have had no problems. Hope this helps because obviously it could be some other problem causing it.
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

You need to check that the silver sprocket under the big brass gear on your handle is facing the right way. I got mine turned around this year and it did the same thing. It is the one that looks like a saw blade. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

You need to hold up on the thumb bar when you reassemble it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Mine did that also. I just took it back apart and engaged it manually(you can see how it engages).. I used a flat screwdriver to engage it..now with it engaged, I put it back together and have had no problems. Hope this helps because obviously it could be some other problem causing it.
    Tim
    Did you engage it on the side with the reel handle or the side where the centrifigal brakes are located?

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had a REVO apart in some time, but if I remember correctly there should be a spring that makes the thumb bar pop back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the the possible solutions. Bassmaster hit it right on the head when he said that I just had to open up the reel and engage the button manually. Everything works well now!